Weekend Butt

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 16, 2009, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

I like that paste idea, thanks nepa! Got 2 8 pond butts all pasted and wrapped with BBR and EVO. I will try the Carolina Treet mop as well. At what stages to mop?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 19, 2009, 05:34:06 PM
I like that paste idea, thanks nepa! Got 2 8 pond butts all pasted and wrapped with BBR and EVO. I will try the Carolina Treet mop as well. At what stages to mop?

I use a silicone brush and brush around the 2, 4 and 8 hour mark.

nepas

Smokin Soon

Thanks! Gonna be a late night thing cause I am doing lunch for about 13 guys at work. Never did a mop on a butt before. I think that will give the "bark" some added flavor.

Bobbert

Nepas

Did you smoke the butt on the racks first then put it into the tray and did you cover it for the long slow cook??  Or did you just put the butt in the tray and smoked it with out any foil covering??  I am about to try my first pork butt and yours looked great!!  and I don't mean your "butt" ;D
Smokem if ya Gottem!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Bobbert on May 20, 2009, 06:42:47 AM
Nepas

Did you smoke the butt on the racks first then put it into the tray and did you cover it for the long slow cook??  Or did you just put the butt in the tray and smoked it with out any foil covering??  I am about to try my first pork butt and yours looked great!!  and I don't mean your "butt" ;D

I put it on the racks for 4 hours with smoke and 225* heat then boated it in the foil pan uncovered for the rest of the cook. When i brought it in the house i let it rest just covered for 20 mins b4 i pulled it.

nepas