How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim O

Lookin'good !

3-2-1 works everytime (for me anyway) !!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Tim_in_NC on April 06, 2010, 01:16:56 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 05, 2010, 03:25:23 PM
Congrats Tim good score and sounds like a good cook. Welcome aboard.

Are you planning on doing one of these for Pork Butts?  I'm thinking of doing this next for some good ole pulled pork sandwiches ...
Better ask out on the main boards for that one I do mine sorta backwards and the  folks have some ways a lot better than mine out there to do Pulled Pork.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

MechMedic130

I tried this technique, and to say the meat was falling off the bone, well you be the judge.

That just kind of fell out of the meat.

Tenpoint5

Sounds like you had some good eats MecMedic

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

coyote

TENPOINT5 ,  I have been smokin' with the OBS for more than a while...a lot of great smokes , Many different  things....But never RIBS. :-[ I've looked at your post on this thread many ,many (too damn many)times since you posted it. Today I put 3 racks of Loin Back Ribs through the  ol' OBS ! Very , Very Tastey!! , so said my guest. Followed  pictorial step for step. Even added a few extra steps.....and every added step included an ice cold adult beverage  8)!!!

Thanks for the perfect How To.......

Coyote

P S...Love the Newsletter !!!

Tenpoint5

Glad everything worked out for you Coyote! I am one of them folks that likes to see what it is I'm doing. Not just trying to visualize it in my head. Things have a tendency to get forgotten after a couple adult beverages.

punchlock

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Tenpoint5 I am new to smoking, and this forum. This step by step guide to ribs is great!

I followed the recipe today and my family and I can truly say these are the best ribs we have had. Smoked some corn and a side of dirty rice.

I am now in the process of scolding the wife for letting me eat so much, how could she let me do this to myself!? I do an do an do for her and this is what I get.......

Phantom Smoker

Made these ribs for my first time in the smoker and they were awesome. Thanks for the post

Bobbert

Thanks Tenpoint5!!!!

My first attempt at ribs did not turn out the great, but just used your 3-2-1 method and LOVED THEM!!!

Great way to do ribs!!  sorry for not posting pictures, I was working and smoking at the same time!!!!

THANKS!!
Smokem if ya Gottem!!

Tenpoint5

Hey guys sounds like YOUR ribs turned out great!!

First State Smoker

I'm already hungry and those pics make me ravenous!!! Can't wait for ribs this weekend.

thirtydaZe

Ok, we just bought a smoker thursday, saturday was our first attempt at smoking anything ever.

I followed this recipe, but my results weren't so good.

Granted I was using baby backs.  I put them on hickory for 3 hours, then wrapped in foil about 35 minutes, then sauced and cooked another hour.

Seemed like our flavor was very very strong.  This coupled by the fact i thought the ribs were a bit fatty.

So my question is, what have i done wrong?  Did we just put to much smoke on them, or are our taste buds, not seasoned enough for this recipe?

Suggestions?

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

classicrockgriller

If you are not use to smoked food, too much smoke in the beginning is not good eats.

I remember belching smoke for a week. ;D

Baby Backs are more of a 2-2-1.

thirtydaZe

Yeah, i think now, and actually thought then that over smoke was the culprit for us noobs.

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

SB1230

I would like to add my thanks.  My first ever ribs turned out "better than any I've ever had EVER," according to my husband.  I have this thread bookmarked.  Thank you Thank you!