Bradley smoker synchronous motor

Started by duncswa, May 19, 2009, 07:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncswa

Hi there folks!  I am in Perth Australia and have had some issues with the motor which feeds the pucks.  it has stripped the gears twice now, and trying to find a replacement is almost impossible...  I love the smoking unit, and so do our customers at my Restaurant!  I have worked out that because we had put the feed tube into the unit with the slot facing to the rear, the pucks were sitting on the small lip whick stops the tube going all the way into the unit.  Have Bradley made a point of letting people know this is a bad mistake?

Anyway.... does anyone know of a place to get a replacement motor?  I have tried everywhere, and although my unit is still under warranty, Bradley head office has asked me to contact the local dealer, who thinks he can get them to send some out, but they are all 110 v and we need 240 v.

Does anyone have any ideas!   ???

Gizmo

Welcome duncswa,

Brian, the admilnistrator of the site, frequent reader, and Bradley employee should be along shorlty to help you out.
He should be able to determine the best course of action for your situation.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

Hi duncswa and welcome to the forum.

Bottom line is that it is up to Bradley to sort out via their local dealer if the unit is still under warranty.

I do know that the UK dealer, Grakka, have the 240V motor available on their UK spares website. If all else fails "down under" then sticking one in a jiffy bag and mailing to Australia should not break the bank but it should be Bradley's bank and not yours!!  ::)

They are normally very good to sort things out so hopefully your local dealer will get some encouragement from Bradley Head Office to do so!!

Let us know how you get on.

Manxman

duncswa

Thanks for the quick reply guys!  Will wait to hear from bradley about options, and if all else fails will go with the british site!

Cheers!

manxman

Manxman

duncswa

Thanks Manxman.  Will keep it for back up!

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Duncan

I have seen the Emails in the office regarding your stripped gears in the motor it is being looked after.

Just a side note putting the feeder tube in with the slot facing to the back will not cause a bisquette to hang up. They will however hang up if the feeder tube is
not pushed down all the way so that it sits on the small lip.

Brian

duncswa

Thanks Brian.  We are hoping to get a few spares, which we are prepared to pay for...  As you would understand, if we don't do a smoke once a week, the stocks of our cheese, olive oil, nuts etc get seriously low...  We have had our customers going wild for these products, and also have cold smoked duck breast going on to the main menu! 

Appreciate your time, and quick response.  Bradley rocks!

Duncan

manxman

Quotethe stocks of our cheese, olive oil, nuts etc get seriously low...  We have had our customers going wild for these products, and also have cold smoked duck breast going on to the main menu! 

Perhaps you could post your recipe for cold smoked duck breast duncswa, it is on my list of things to do!  :)
Manxman

duncswa

Hi Manksman.  There really is no recipe as such....  All we do is offset the smoke generator so as to keep the temperature under 27 c and smoke for about 8 hrs.  We then cook the breast skin side down in a hot pan, and finish in the oven til light pink!  The day we put on our specials menu to trial, we sold out in a dinner service.  People were raving about the flavour...  All of our smoking is done cold, we are not interested in the hot smoking side of things.  getting the right weather to do it is an issue however, luckily we are just starting to get some rain and cooler weather here finally!

manxman

QuoteThere really is no recipe as such....  All we do is offset the smoke generator so as to keep the temperature under 27 c and smoke for about 8 hrs.  We then cook the breast skin side down in a hot pan, and finish in the oven til light pink

Thanks duncswa, that is all I needed to know in that there is no brines, rubs etc involved and you smoke for 8 hours.

Quotewe are just starting to get some rain and cooler weather here finally!

We are the opposite, we have had our fill of rain, wind and cool weather .......... we need it HOT for a few months!!

I had only ever done cold smoking before I got my BS, now it tends to be roughly 50:50.
Manxman