Having really bad luck with my new 6 rack BDS

Started by texjauto, May 06, 2009, 06:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texjauto

Bought it for Christmas and having nothing but bad luck. 
First, brick advancer not working.  Bradley sent part, wrong one. 
Sent new one, didn't fix the issue.
Bradley sent entire generator. 
Didn't work.  Took apart and looked like if had been through hell.
Bradley sends new generator.
turn it on, appears to work.
Stuff 15lbs of summer sausage
get ready to smoke and not even heating up very much.
Display says it is 137degrees but thermometer says 77 degrees.
It looks like I just ruined 15lbs of vension.

I bought this is almost six months ago for approxmately $600 and I yet to be able to use it
BRADLEY HELP !!!!!

Tenpoint5

Tex,
Sorry to hear that your DBS is treating you unfair. But as you have mentioned the folks at Bradley sound like they have been doing everything they can to help you out. You said the thermometer says 77 is that the cabinet temp or the meat temp?The Digital Bradley is prone to being off a little, I have the 4 rack digital and mine reads off But i know that and compensate for it in the programming of my temps. When you put the 15pounds of sausage in the smoker did you preheat? Most time I will preheat mine to 280 then put the meat in. As the meat and the smoker come together and things level off I adjust the temp on the smoker to get to the desired temp. I know this is kind of vague but with the info you gave I have to do a lot of guessing and remembering on how I learned the learning curve of my smoker. Don't worry you have come to the right place to get help and information. All of us on the forum have had our moments with our smoker and have asked for the same thing. Help. Also Welcome Aboard plenty of folks here to help you on your smoking journy.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

Quote from: texjauto on May 06, 2009, 06:02:16 PM
Display says it is 137degrees but thermometer says 77 degrees.

Brian with Bradley will most likely be along shortly but I suspect your power cord from the smoke gen to the back of the oven is not connected correctly.  Try plugging and unplugging several times and make sure you push the plug in tight.  There is possible a loose wire in the smoke gen but most of the people have a problem with just getting the external power connections tight.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

thepro8

Stick in there man. Sounds like they are being resonsive and there service is normally pretty damn good. the delay sucks, but keep talking to them and they will help you out.