My Secret Wing Sauce

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 04, 2009, 09:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Eman on June 21, 2009, 04:33:05 PM
Not to interrupt, but can I ask a question about the wings???  With chicken I find the skin gets real rubbery, how do you keep the wings from gettin like that?

Add some canola oil to the sauce.

nepas

Eman

QuoteAdd some canola oil to the sauce.

Cool, thanks. 

La Quinta

I am gonna do an Arcs on this one..... ;D As I could get cranky.... ???

Smokin Soon

Nepa's wing sauce is way cool if you do a finish in the Big Easy. A light coating after the smoke just to include the flavor in the "frying " process to embed the flavor and then finish cook and slather the extra sauce over the caramelized sauce. Oh yeah, I like wings way too much, but like fatties there are limitless possibilities.

smokeitall

Speaking of the BE I just used mine for the first time this last weekend and made two chickens.  I was pretty impressed.  I would suggest to anybody that doesn't have one put it on your wish list.  I don't have extra racks yet so I haven't done wings but I can't wait to build the racks and get 5 racks going.  I think I just might take the smoker and BE camping here in a few weeks.

okiesmoke

Sorry I'm so late in seeing this thread but I just started trying to read up on chiken. This is really funny - you guys are a hoot!  But help a newbie.  NepaS, your picture says just coming off the grill. Do you mean a regular charcoaler(or gas) or the BE?  How long do you smoke them first?  How long to grill?  I'll be a hero around here if I can make something that looks that good!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: okiesmoke on June 29, 2009, 10:47:09 AM
Sorry I'm so late in seeing this thread but I just started trying to read up on chiken. This is really funny - you guys are a hoot!  But help a newbie.  NepaS, your picture says just coming off the grill. Do you mean a regular charcoaler(or gas) or the BE?  How long do you smoke them first?  How long to grill?  I'll be a hero around here if I can make something that looks that good!!

okie

The recipe is really easy to make. nepas dont use a BE, or Gas but i do use charcoal in my UDS. The grill used for the wings is my Traeger pellet grill.

The dry rub for the chicken is the ticket. The only place i have foud it is in Gulfport Mississippi by my aunts house.

nepas

okiesmoke

Margareeman

Wow, just read the entire post, can't believe that guy. Thanks for ALL the receipts NePas!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Margareeman on June 29, 2009, 03:37:56 PM
Wow, just read the entire post, can't believe that guy. Thanks for ALL the receipts NePas!!

Its all cool now, everyone is happy  ;D

nepas

twl

All, and especially Nepas,
Please accept my apology for attacking you on earlier post. I completely missread the situation and was wrong. I've been out of town and didn't get back to this string until today. Again, my sincere apology to all for my indiscretion.
twl
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

smokeitall

Wow that was very sincere TWL, I am glad you apologized.  This is one big happy family with a lot of good advice and recipes, I would hate for you to miss out on that.

NePaSmoKer

Ka Honu

Ah, c'mon, nepas - let him grovel a bit more!  We love it when people grovel!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: twl on June 30, 2009, 05:59:09 PM
All, and especially Nepas,
Please accept my apology for attacking you on earlier post. I completely missread the situation and was wrong. I've been out of town and didn't get back to this string until today. Again, my sincere apology to all for my indiscretion.
twl

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 27, 2009, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: twl on June 27, 2009, 12:33:47 PM
To Nepas and the rest of the foum members. Please accept my apology for the abrasive comment made a few days back. I really missread what was going on. Really dumb on my part. Nepas, thanks for your secret sauce. Its probably the only secret I get fromyou after my bonehead comment. Again apologies to all.
TWL, Bayview, ID

TWL

No apology needed my friend. But TYVM.

I can get a little carried away with things and draw them out. My apology to you for posting the quote again. I just like to keep everyone saying now what is he putting together this time. I have so many good friends here and will keep my recipes open to all  ;D
(with a little twist now and then  ;D)

Anyways TYVM again and please dont be afraid to ask me/us anything on marinades, jerky or whatever.

Welcome to our family. Post allot on your smokes weather it be a Bradley, weber, offset and yes a Traeger.

nepas