Puck advancement mechanisam again has let us down

Started by hollyandtheivybhx, June 02, 2009, 01:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollyandtheivybhx

I had (still have) a great deal of time for the Bradley which we purchased just over 12 months agao, but (and here comes the moan) the puck advancement mechanisam has let me down again !!!!!.

We are on our second generator and this has just pasked up on us tonight and we have 3 major shows in the next 4 weeks where we need the smoked materials for my Chutneys.

PLEASE !!!!!! Can you help me BRADLEY !!!!!!! and get another generatoe to me asap ????? I know the service in the past from Grekka UK has been without question, but after spending all this money on this smoker and as it is a vital tool for my business I feel I have to have a moan !!!!

Your help would be gladly received

Lin

KyNola

Lin,
When you say the advancement mechanism has let you down, do you mean it won't advance automatically or won't advance even when you press the wood advance button?  I gave up trusting mine to automaticcally advance long ago as it periodically skips.  I now set a timer for 20 minutes and go check to see if it auto advances or if I need to manual advance.  If it will manual advance, at least you can continue to produce product until you can get a new generator.

KyNola

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Lin

I am sorry your having troubles with bisquette advance.

Like Kynola said can you describe a little better what is not working correctly and maybe we can narrow the problem down.

The worst part is that we do not stock 240V warranty parts in Canada you will have to go through Grakka for that.

Brian

hollyandtheivybhx

Thanks all for your comments. Yes you are correct it will not advance automatically every 20 mins and sometime even pushing the puck advance button that does not work either on the first push but may requre 2 o3 attempts.

I read on the forum some articles regarding the mechanisam going out of sink and have tried these possible sollutions without sucess. I take your point about setting the timer for 20 mins, but afterpaying a high price for this smoker and more to the point I do not have time running out every 20 mins to see if the puck has moved.

I hope John from Grakka UK will contact me today as my husband did leave a message on their answer phone last night to call us asap.

Although I have had problems with the Bradley I still think it is one of the best bits of kit I have purchased for the business and have faith in Bradley to sort it out as they have in the past. Interestingly when we are out at shows people do ask "how do you smoke the garlic and other materials for your chgutneys" and we always say WITH A BRADLEY SMOKER !!!!!!

Thanks again all and just to show how much I love my bradley here it is with the new cold smoke adaptor in the new shed I purchased !!! ;)

Lin

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear about your situation. Although it is an added expense, since you are running a business maybe you should purchase a backup generator. That way in times like this, you can still operate your business while the one generator is getting fixed. It will also be a lot less stressful.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Quoteyou should purchase a backup generator

I don't have a working generator as back up but I do have two that failed under warranty that I kept as spares. I also bought a few additional items like advance button, drive motor etc to keep me going in the event of a failure at a critical time.

see below for list of spares available and prices:

http://shop.bradleysmoker.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=4&cat=Bradley+Smoker+Spare+Parts

However they only seem to sell separate smoke generators for the OBS, from recollection you cannot just buy the generator for the DBS, you have to buy the whole think.

Hopefully I am wrong and Grakka will sort you out Lin?
Manxman

hollyandtheivybhx

Had a call from Grekka on Wednesday to say that they would supply me with a new motor which they said would be in the post that day. Unfortunatly 2 days later still not arrived  :(