Atomic Buffalo Turds ?

Started by beefmann, June 17, 2008, 06:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

hey every one...

caan anyone give me a link to make buffalo turds or the recipe and directions on how to

thanks in advance

wheres the beef !!!

beefmann

Smoking Duck

Beefman,

All I do is cut the tops off of the penos, slice them down the middle lengthwise.  I generally seed them out as most that eat em don't want them too spicy (sorry, Pensrock  ;D).  Once I've done that, I generally brown some Italian sausage (ground italian sausage) and put a thin layer inside the penos.  I then put a layer of Philadelphia cream cheese over top of that.  Once that is done, I wrap them up with a strip of bacon and put a toothpick through it to hold it together.

I'll throw them in at 225F with 2 hours of smoke and pull them when the bacon is done.  They're usually done within 2.5 hours for me.

Hope that helps.

You can substitute any meat that you desire for the italian sausage.  SOme will use little smokies, some will use minced shrimp, etc.  It's only limited by your imagination.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

Here is the link:

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25

Quote Smoking Duck: Some will use little smokies, some will use minced shrimp, etc.  It's only limited by your imagination.

and lobster, crab, bacon, .... :P

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

I like duck's Italian sausage spin.  I've usually used leftover pulled pork, but I think a sweet (meaning regular, not hot) Italian sausage would contrast nicely with the pepper, cream cheese and bacon.  

Haven't tried this version, but it leans towards my inclinations.  Now, if they're served with Peroni beers or a nice Borolla, we're really talkin!
Consiglieri

westexasmoker

I still give kudos for pens adts (if ya like it a bit warmer!) But IMO coreing the jalapeno is the way to go, and stuff it with whatever you feel like...I usually do a grilled steak on friday night and with whats leftover grind that up and mix in with the cream cheese and cheddar....but I'm conviced no matter how ya stuff them, they will be the bomb...or at least atomic!!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

DakotaGriller

I do them similar as above:

I do leave the top on and slice down the middle.  I remove the seeds and ribs.  I drop some crispy bacon in, top with cheddar cheese, then throw some finely chopped cilantro over the top.  Awesome!

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

gillgetter

I going to try some with a piece of mozzerela cheese stick put inside the pepper and wrap w/bacon and see how that turns out.
Anyone have a preference to what type of wood to smoke with? I've done them with little smokies in the middle and used hickory and then turned out good.

westexasmoker

All these questions about what kind of wood to use....ya'll are making my day!  I would tell ya but I've been restricted from using the M word!!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: gillgetter on July 03, 2008, 03:42:46 PM
I going to try some with a piece of mozzerela cheese stick put inside the pepper and wrap w/bacon and see how that turns out.
Anyone have a preference to what type of wood to smoke with? I've done them with little smokies in the middle and used hickory and then turned out good.

If I am making ABT's separately (which is rarely) I would go with pecan. Generally I make ABT's when I am smoking other foods, and they get flavored with the bisquettes that I am using for the meat. So far I have used apple, maple, hickory and pecan and they all turned out fine.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mapleleafsgurl

I leave seeds in, cause we like em hot.  I use whatever leftovers I have in the fridge, steak, chicken, pork chops....on New Years' this year I used turkey with a bit of mayo to moisten it up a bit.

This has turned into everyone's favorite, and everytime I ask "Can I bring anything?"  The answer is "Atomic Buffalo Turds, please...if it's not too much trouble?"

It is a bit of work, but once you have made them a handful of times, you get your system down to a T.  I can fill my OBS in under an hour if I give'er.

Thank you to whomever came up with this fabulous treat!  You have guaranteed me an invite to every party in town for the rest of my life!