FREE Salmon for smoking

Started by efishingbooks, February 01, 2005, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efishingbooks

Awesome. I've had my Bradley Smoker for a year now and never even knew there was a forum. I'm a total smoked salmon nut!

I'd like to extend this offer to anyone within driving distance of Sheboygan, WI. I fish Lake Michigan all summer long and generally catch more fish than even I can possibly smoke or eat. So if you want some, or a ton, of salmon this summer for smoking just let me know. If you live nearby, when we get closer to the season we can arrange for you to pick up fresh, if so desired. Or if you'd be driving, I'm happy to save up frozen fish. Yes, all fish comes cleaned, filleted or head and gutted, just let me know. And 100% FREE. All I ask is that you don't let it go to waste -- smoke it, share it, and enjoy it.

Thanks,
Dave
[email protected]
Sample the free Salmon Cookbook at
www.efishingbooks.com

Chez Bubba

Dave,

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you finally found us. We look forward to your information.

That is a very generous offer. I'm not really close, but in light of your proposal, might someday spell ROADTRIP![8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Fuzzybear

Dang if I didn't live near the Idhao/Washington state line, I'd be there like a thief!!![:p][:p][:p][:p][:D]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

welcome to the forum!!!!!!

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

BigRed

Dave,

Are you sure you don't want to move to Dallas and fish Lake Texoma and offer the same fish deal???!!!!??? Your a great guy to offer such a deal! Too bad my Lear Jet is out of service, too bad I don't own a Lear Jet!

BigRED

JJC

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Forum!  I have fished the Pere Marquette often and the White occasionally, so I know the quality of thei salmon you are catching!  It's an incredible offer, to say the least . . . [:D][8D]

I'll let you know when I'm out that way next.  I know it's not the shortest drive from Michigan to Wisconsin, but we have a lot in common!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

efishingbooks

Many thanks; I'm glad to be here. I'm happy to make the offer and it is sincere. I'm very blessed to live only 13 blocks from Lake Michigan, so I get to fish a lot.

Kirk, I checked out your website and the racks look very cool! But I couldn't find a price list anywhere; I must be going astray, could you point me in the right direction. On the sausage rack, are those hooks movable? How big are the hooks? What I'm wondering is could they be used to hang small Kings? Or would be hard to modify the rack to have four larger hooks for hanging fish.

John, let me know if you have the opportunity to make the trip over to the WI side. Perhaps we could even get out on the lake and catch a few fresh ones.

One other question, does anyone have preferences on the type / brand of white wine used in some of the above recipes? They look delicious, this weekend is supposed to be unseasonably warm here in WI so it must be time to smoke up a batch.

Dave
Sample the FREE Salmon Cookbook at
www.efishingbooks.com

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by efishingbooks</i>
<br />Many thanks; I'm glad to be here. I'm happy to make the offer and it is sincere. I'm very blessed to live only 13 blocks from Lake Michigan, so I get to fish a lot.

Kirk, I checked out your website and the racks look very cool! But I couldn't find a price list anywhere; I must be going astray, could you point me in the right direction. On the sausage rack, are those hooks movable? How big are the hooks? What I'm wondering is could they be used to hang small Kings? Or would be hard to modify the rack to have four larger hooks for hanging fish.

John, let me know if you have the opportunity to make the trip over to the WI side. Perhaps we could even get out on the lake and catch a few fresh ones.

One other question, does anyone have preferences on the type / brand of white wine used in some of the above recipes? They look delicious, this weekend is supposed to be unseasonably warm here in WI so it must be time to smoke up a batch.

Dave
Sample the FREE Salmon Cookbook at
www.efishingbooks.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
yep the hooks for the sausage rack ,you put them where you want them and will work just fine for hanging fish. did you see the drying rack? also can use it to hang your salmon on hooks to dey befor moving to the BS, go here http://www.chezbubba.com/cart/all_products.html

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

Kummok

Dave:
Welcome to a great forum. Very kind offer....Wish I could find someone like you in our crab fishery up here [:D][:p]  You're truly a man after my own heart, er, ah, make that stomach!!

I do little more in my own 2 Bradleys than smoke salmon (so far!)....abouot 45 lbs at a time, but when I do eventually branch out into the wonderful WIDER world of smoking, the guys and gals on this forum sure have posted some great recipes and other smoking resources that I'm looking forward to trying.

You sound like the kinda guy that would be interested in a website I discovered recently....http://www.salmonuniversity.com/index.html   Don't know these guys, but like us, they believe in sharing the joy of salmon catching/cooking/crunching [:p][:p]  Would love the opportunity to kill/eat salmon with you sometime, either here in Alaska or in WI!!

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />Would love the opportunity to kill/eat salmon with you sometime, either here in Alaska or in WI!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Dave, trust me on this one, go to him![8D]

RC, trust me on this one, while Lake Michigan salmon is good, I think you'd be disappointed. Now that I've had both, it's a Ponderosa vs Ruth's Chris kinda thing.[:p]

FREE however, trancends all culinary bounds![:D][:D][8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Kummok

ThanX for the tip CB, but you're blowing my cover....I'm trying to NOT be a salmon snob[:D]

OK, OK....NOW that I've blown my own cover with this response, I'll admit that it'll probably be a loooooong time before I fish for salmon anywhere but Alaska/BC, but just to prove I'm merely blessed, as opposed to snobby, the offer's always extended to Bradley smokers....come up and try the uncontested King salmon flavor about which CB speaketh[;)][;)]  Oldman just gave me instructions on how to post pics so I'll be giving it a try with some alluring salmon pics soon as I get them up on a webhost.....

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Cold Smoke

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Kummok Posted - 04 Feb 2005 : 02:58:18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Oldman just gave me instructions on how to post pics so I'll be giving it a try with some alluring salmon pics soon as I get them up on a webhost.....
 <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Kummok- welcome back BTW. Would you still have those instructions handy? I just got myself- actually the Mrs. a digital and have no clue how to post pictures.

Much appreciated!

Cold Smoke

efishingbooks

Don't worry, you won't offend me. I've had fresh Alaskan salmon and they are, without question, unbelievable! Some day I hope to have the opportunity to fish them myself.

All this talk of smoking really made me hungry so this weekend I brined up a batch using Kummok's recipe, excellent, and smoked all day yesterday. Guess what's for dinner? Mmmmm. The freezer is now running low, good thing it is only three months till salmon season.

Fish On!
Dave

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

Coldsmoke:
Proof that Old's posting "recipe" works! A pic of me and my favorite food [:p]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA