• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

After Today

Started by MallardWacker, February 03, 2005, 07:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

<b><u><i><font color="blue">After today.......</font id="blue"> </i> </u> </b>

Have I ever told you folks that I like brisket?  I kind of like Bacon[:p] also.... Man I even like ribs....  Oh the friends I make smoking......thats the best part......  Man even some wings would taste good right about now.   Oh ya the friends...............  Oh the Raptor, it sounds like a good idea, hu Bill..........Well any way, life is way too short and good friends are too hard to come by......Oh ya, did I tell you about the great guy from Canada that I met........Or the one from Indy.....and other places.....Man I love Q......The the idea of pork fat falling on some Bakers......or ABT's chocked full of Bacon[:p] and Cheese.......Oh ya the friends.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

nsxbill

I agree with your Mallard.  Friends should be able to disagree with each other.  Maybe it was part of my job, but many times, as a Psych Nurse, had to put up with someone spitting in my face or calling me a name, and be professional despite wanting to choke the s*** out of them.  

We can all agree we are here to talk and post about food.  There are times that, in haste, we send out emails, and then wish we didn't.  I think that occasionally it is ok to do it on the website as long as it isn't a personal attack, but slamming someone else is inappropriate.  

I suggested that the West Coast apology  thread be locked, and stand by that.  Further posts could only be ones that go in a downward spiral.  Chez felt he had to post up an apology for clarification, and I am sure he didn't put it up to elicit support for himself, his business or for a slam or praise for West Coast.  

Most of our personal addresses are but a click away and slams can be taken to private interactions.

Olds, if you are still reading these posts, I hope you will stick around.  Sauce you need to make some amends.  These ramblings are my personal feelings and I might be wrong.  If so, I apologize.  I hope we can all agree to disagree once in awhile.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Kummok

Dang MW, ya forgot...."Oh! The SALMON!!!" [:D]   I GOTTA agree with your "The FRIENDS"!!  I've "e-met" some pretty cool folks on this forum....even had some GREAT one's come up and help me kill fish last summer [:)][:D] Smokers are always welome at our campfire ring!

I've GOTTA expand my smoking horizons though[:p][:D].......since I'm pretty much a one-trick-pony with the salmon, I ain't familiar with the term, "ABT". I've been seeing it used lately and am intrigued....whatzit mean? Sounds jalapeno-ish[?] [:p]

P.S. to nxs....since you were a psych nurse, you're likely familiar with the term "SAD"....I recall this same stuff going on at about this same time last year. Think we all need to get full spectrum lighting?!?!?[;)]
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

nsxbill

Some nice grow lights might brighten things up.

For those who don't know what the heck we are talking about...

SAD= Seasonal Affective Disorder

Want to read about it?  http://www.nmha.org/infoctr/factsheets/27.cfm

Kummock.... I can't believe you haven't done Atomic Buffalo Turds (ABT's).  Use your search option on the site.   Venture out...there is more to smoke besides tasty salmon, but if you are like me, the Cardiologist will not smile when reviewing the recipe.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br /><font color="red">Some nice grow lights might brighten things up.</font id="red">

For those who don't know what the heck we are talking about...

SAD= Seasonal Affective Disorder<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And I thought the guys who grew pot were happier than the rest of us because they were stoned 24/7 [:D]LOL

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

nsxbill

Too funny!  In their case, I don't think it is the lights alone.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">And I thought the guys who grew pot were happier than the rest of us because they were stoned 24/7 LOL
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bill

Chez Bubba

Please read: http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1138

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1148

Edit: Anne alerted me to what I might be coming home to, so in preparation, I stopped to buy some hard stuff. (Sierra Nevada Pale).[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tsquared

Oh, that Sierra Nevada Pale is beautiful stuff. My partner knows that the first  stop is to pick some up when we travel across the line into the US. If you ever travel up to BC Kirk, try Hophead Pale  or Paddywhack Pale, if you're a Sierra Nevada fan, you'll like 'em!
Tom

Kummok

When in BC, Try Kokanee!! http://www.crestonbc.com/kokanee/   [:p]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

JJC

Sam Adams when you're in Beantown [:p][:)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Sam Adams is good in any town, not just Beantown. [:D]

Bill

JJC

Bill,

You sometimes use military time (or European time, for our international brethren) in your posts, and mentioned the McClelland AFB commissary.  I'm from an Army family myself--where do you work now?  If memory serves me, McC is in Sacremento.  I lived on the Presidio in SF for several years. Of course, it's the usual Army story:  San Fran, Denver, San Antonio, Heidelberg and Berlin, Washington DC, etc.  Just curious . . .

John
Newton MA

P.S.--does Sam Adams make it all the way to CA, or have you had it somewhere else?
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Worked as Army Nurse Corps Officer in Denver, Austin, TX and Presidio of SF on the Psych unit.  Retired in 1986 with 21 years.  I am an old fart - retired Army and then retired from State service and draw pensions from both.  

I now work at Kaiser Permanente as an Advice R.N..  I was a Charge Nurse, but went to part time...making too much money.  IRS was killing me.  Working now pays for the toys, and plan on chucking it all soon and hopefully picking up a used bus conversion and only come back to work in the winter working the Flu Queue.  Keeping my RN license current allows me a couple of cruises a year.  I always do ones with continuing medical education on board, so trip is almost 100% write-off.  

I want to travel around to different smoking events maybe sell a little jerkey.  Going to pick-up a Caldera Smoker that breaks down, and pack-up the Bradley and use that for my own personal use and the Caldera for production along with my Procom4 Guru.  Doing a little biz on the road allows for partial write-off of fuel and bus payment.  

Looking at early 90's Prevost conversions.  The new ones are too much money for me.  I want a nice coach to travel in until I find a little 1-2 bedroom home with a huge covered driveway for the bus in a state that doesn't have state income tax.  Will be looking at Florida, Alaska, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.  Daugter's family in Tallahassee (5 grandkids) so probably will opt for Florida....but want to look around.  Would like to liquidate most everything and hit the road.  Wife reluctant to make such drastic plans, but working on her.

That's my story.  I was a Navy brat myself.  Broke my dad's heart going Army.  He was a Senior Chief with 34 years when he retired.

Yes Sam Adams and hundreds of other beers available in Calfornia.

Bill

JJC

Sounds like a great plan, Bill [:)][8D]

Have you thought about New Hampshire?  No state income tax there either and lots of beautiful and cheap places to live, if you stay away from the tourist towns on the "big" lakes. [:D]

John
Newton MA

P.S.--my wife's a nurse, too . . . love the cruise/CME idea!
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Looking at early 90's Prevost conversions. The new ones are too much money for me.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I was a young man I own a converted 1956 Flexable Visicoach. Believe it or not it was converted for only 18K.

Here is a picture of one, that is colored like the one I owned only the colors on mine where a blue-gray.

Sure had a good time in that ole gal. She was a sweet ride and was big enough for 2 of us to be comfortable.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!