A Different Butt

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 30, 2009, 01:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I want to do something other than a pulled pork butt. Anyone got some good suggestions  ;D  i have a 10lb butt defrosting now.

Thanks

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Making a roast out of it, either bone in or boneless works nice. Season the way you want, and/or inject/brine. I generally will bring the internal temperature to 160°F - 165°F. A search on "Pork Shoulder Roast", or "Roasted Pork Butt"; will give you a lot of recipe suggestions.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

I was just thinking, What would a butt taste like with the Carolina mustard sauce used as an injection?

smokeitall

Can you slice it and cure it like a ham and make "maple ham jerky"

beefmann

am doing a 14 lb pork butt convered in minced garlic and olive oil mix ,,, and then injected with deli mustard for the 4 th, gonna smoke with oak , then cook till a IT  of 195 to 200 till it falls apart.. half will go for BBQ pork sandwiches on frenchrolls and the other half will be pulled and toppings of ones choice.. should be good

NePaSmoKer

Going the CarolinaTreet rub and injection.

nepas

seemore

damm not even cooked and looks good
seemore

NePaSmoKer

Going to go into smoker today around noon.

nepas

Tenpoint5

I was going to suggest cutting it down and making country style ribs out of it. But I guess I'm late to the party.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Well i couldnt get my Bradley heated up and its was raining earlier so i didnt use my Traeger so i put my butt in the UDS.

This is at 2 hours and a mop.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks awsome NePas. Your making me hungry.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

Smokin Soon

Looks great, Nepa. Did the flavor or the Carolina Treet come through compared to butts done with no injection?

NePaSmoKer

Oh yeah the injection of CT made a huge difference.

nepas

Smokin Soon

I will try that on my next butt. Got plenty of Carolina Treet in stock. Might even mix in some wing sauce in for a kick! The moppin you did, did it soften the bark a bit?