My 1st Brisket. And thanks to all.

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, July 02, 2009, 10:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Hi to all the GREAT members on the Bradley forum. Once again I owe all of you a big thank you. I have gained so much knowledge about smoking since I joined. Well I decided to do my 1st brisket today. And IMHO it is the best I have ever had! Even better than the Texas BBG joints I've been to. It was a small brisket, about 4.5 lbs from Sam's. Had a nice fat cap though. Rubbed it with WTS suggestion. Then smoked for 4 hours, boated for about 6 hours in the oven. After that, FTC for 2 hours. Well, It about fell apart and was so moist, I was grinning.  :D

Rubbed and ready for an over night.

In the Bradley with some pork ribs that where a mistake.  ::)

Ready to boat with a splash of AJ.

Sliced and ready to eat.

Sorry WTS. No messy wood this time. Used hickory and apple. But will be doing more so there is hope.  :D :D
HawkeyeSmokes

Tenpoint5

Brisket Looks great!! Must have been CS Poke ribs. I don't see no bones. What happened to them that they was a "Mistake"? Maybe we can get you some good ribs next time you does em.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HawkeyeSmokes

Thay was a mistake cus I wanted beef ribs. Had bones and all. Just was pork. But they turned out darned good for a mistake if I must say so. Next time I'm at Sam's, just need to keep my eyes open and not just grab and toss in the cart.  :D

The brisket was really good. Had me worried as my Polder pooped out before it was done.
HawkeyeSmokes

Ka Honu

"Grab and toss" ain't always a bad thing.

Caneyscud

Great looking brisket there Hawk.  And to think it was your first one - and the polder failed you.  Great job - makes my mouth water.  That fat cap makes all the difference in the world of brisket makin'!   BTW, you can send the "mistakes" to me to get them off your hands and outta yer way!  I love doing CS poke ribs.  My adress is.......
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

WOWSERS Hawkeye

That briskit looks great, you did a nice job there. BTW i just gained a coupe lbs looking at your briskit  :D  :D

NICE

nepas

HawkeyeSmokes

Thanks all. It turned out so good because of all of you on this forum. Never seen a place where people share and try to help as much as here. Thanks again and happy smoking!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

jha1223

There is such a thing as BBQ in Nebraska!

OU812

That brisket is looking good Hawkeye.

As far as the ribs go even your mistakes will taste good with some imagination.

HawkeyeSmokes

Thanks jha1223 and OU812. It's from reading all the great advice and sharing on this forum it turned out so well. Keep up the good smoking and spreading the news.
HawkeyeSmokes

seemore

bird man good job made my what smoked food again.......
seemore