HAPPY 4th? Whats in your bradley today? Heck--whats in your cooler?

Started by smokmifugotm, July 04, 2009, 07:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokmifugotm

I just put 14 pounds of spare ribs on the smoker. I used my rub, a buddy's competition rub, and then let my g.f. try her hand in it a bit for the first time.  We are having a little get together across the street.  The neighbor is charcoal smokin a deer shoulder, brisket, chicken, and I think a Bud Light can may have fallen in there too.  Its not his fault, he has been up since 4 am.  

As for my ribs--My cabinet temp is moving slow, as my meat was not exactly room temp.  I think the main reason for that is I may have overslept a bit and the main reason for that is due to a few brewskies last night while getting the ribs ready. Oops!  Side note--I am pretty sure we are in the middle of a monsoon too, so I am in my garage with a wind break and a fan blowing out the door.  Ahhhh!  What we will do for some good meat.

While that is building up some heat, I am going to go prepare a kick arse tomato and mozzarella and sweet Italian dressing salad.  And I got conned into making some homemade ice cream--never done that before.  Guess while I am at it, I will stock the cooler full of Natty and some Bud Light too and I am making a great Parrot Bay and pineapple concoction for the 3 gallon thermos--seriously I mean you do not want kids drinking beer.  :o ;)

So what is in your smoker today?  or your cooler?

Btw--Call first if you decide to stop by, cause that is my puppy standing guard over some of his ribs.

p.s. I can not figure out how to add my pics, so I guess you guys will just have to use your imagination.

Mr Walleye

Sounds like a great time for sure. I have about 20 chicken wraps in and will finish them in the Big Easy.

To add pictures here is a link that will help you out....

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

Hope all my American friends have a great Independence Day long weekend!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Up In Smoke

Happy 4th to all.
just finished some pepperoni, and fixin to have some boudin goin!
got some Coors light coolin'.
I know it gets better than this but just can't figure out how  ???
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Caneyscud

Ground some fresh breakfast sausage early this morning and made some breakfast burritos.  Just put on four racks of St Louis trimmed spares.  Looking for some good eats for supper!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

Wife has to work, daughter is at a picnik, so its me and the jerky pup and a load of Mooink balls  ;D

nepas

FLBentRider

I've got six racks of baby backs, 10 ears of corn and a bottle of tequila.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

pensrock

Looks like theres room between the moinkballs for a few abt's.  ;)
Have a great fourth.  :)

jha1223

Great looking!  I did two briskets for the fam today.  Gotta love how the serving plate just gets demolished.  Happy 4th to all!
There is such a thing as BBQ in Nebraska!

OU812

Had Fri. off, so Thur. night put a brisket in the smoker. Ready for lunch.

While that was cooking I made up some sausage Thur. night and in the smoker when the brisket was done.