Hab -- a funny on me

Started by Oldman, July 02, 2009, 12:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I decided to go through all of my old Organic Gardening mags up to the time that Mike McGrath left as Editor and Chief. He was there from 1991 -1997. After he left the mag I continued with it for about another 3 years. The format became shallow and the content was not worth reading. My last year taking the mag was in 2000.

Anyway I'm going to create links in GSNotes from article to article. For example there would be articles in just every publication about tomatoes. Each with differant information. I would link by year and add what new information there was with photos.

The problem was I could not find my copy of 2.8. The copy I had upload to the MCCM side of my sever was corrupt. So after spending a good two hours on the net looking for 2.8 (they all linked to 3.0 - 4.0) I thought to myself I bet I upload a copy of this on the Smoker's side of the server when you took over. Yepper there it was...good as gold. (I would have gone with a 4.0 Notes, but they now charge for the reader.)

So some 2 1/2 hours later I'm ready to start. LOL~~Duh!

BTW I now have two backup copies of it on differant drives plus the server!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Man, I would have been in tears if that had happened to me. But I know how the mind can get preoccupied and how easy it is to forget about the obvious, especially when tired.

For example, Monday morning returning from a weekend trip, I was exhausted. I had stopped at a traffic light, and powered up my GPS. It takes about 15 seconds for it to boot up. As soon as it booted up and said "Go straight.", without hesitation, I step on the gas, going through the light while it was still red. :-[ That was a busy intersection, luckily there was no accident.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

Oldman.  sounds like an interesting project.  I was a semi-faithful reader of OG, but my favorite at the time was Mother Earth News.  Now, I was not and never have been a hippie tree-hugger type  ;D ;D but I really like that magazine before it was sold and went slick.  I guess the rebel, independent, do-it-yourselfer, thumb your nose at the crappy Wall Street/Madison Avenue type of world  part of me enjoyed the mag. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Oldman

Mother Earth News was a good mag for sure.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

lumpy

Do you guys remember a magazine called "American Survival Guide"?
I sure miss that one. Now I'm limited to Mother Earth News and Guns and Ammo.

Lumpy