is that bowl big enough

Started by jesso, July 07, 2009, 06:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

femo

Quote from: bbqjourney on August 11, 2009, 11:35:23 AM
The offset smokers you're used to in Texas put in way more smoke flavor than the Bradley, the Bradley is soooo much easier, but you cannot obtain the "stronger" smoke flavor you might be used to.  It's a serious trade-off.

hello there,

is that really so ? i'm new here, and i am just thinking abt buying a bradley digital.
why is that so ???

greez
chris
greez
christoph

Cactus Jack Smoker ''16, ODC Victoria 2b, Bradley Digital Smoker (4-rack), Barbecook Water Smoker

Habanero Smoker

I judge barbecue competitions, and I don't find that statement to be accurate. Smoke flavor is subjective, and the flavor you get from the Bradley is different then what you will get from an offset smoker, or for that fact a pellet smoker. On occasion I have obtained better smoke flavor from my Bradley than I have tasted in some entries in competitions.

I should clarify, it's really not about comparison, they are both different, and there is no reason you can't like both flavors.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bbqjourney

Quote from: femo on August 12, 2009, 11:33:04 PM
Quote from: bbqjourney on August 11, 2009, 11:35:23 AM
The offset smokers you're used to in Texas put in way more smoke flavor than the Bradley, the Bradley is soooo much easier, but you cannot obtain the "stronger" smoke flavor you might be used to.  It's a serious trade-off.

hello there,

is that really so ? i'm new here, and i am just thinking abt buying a bradley digital.
why is that so ???

greez
chris

All I can speak from is personal experience with the Bradley.  By different I mean "very light" flavor from the bradley vs "light" to "very strong" via a more traditional smoker.  So if your taste is like mine and you prefer anything stronger than "very light" or "yeah, I can kinda taste the smoke", in my experience a more traditional smoker could provide a stronger smoke flavor experience.  I have tried everything to infuse a hearty smoke flavor with the Bradley without success.  Many many many on this forum are very satisfied with the Bradley, however I'm still spending weekends trying to find even a moderate smoke flavor from the machine and justifying my purchase $$.