Virgin Run with a Brisket

Started by Tenpoint5, July 10, 2009, 08:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

seemore

Tenpoint5

Ok Sauna ride is over. I'm a little concerned. When I lifted the slabs out of the pans they looked and felt like I could have shredded them right then and there. If I would have dropped them on the counter very hard I know they would have exploded into a million pieces. They be tender fer sure. Just for 0z and Giggles I checked the temp 211* coming out of a 200* oven. Hopefully they will stiffen or setup a little while in the FTC for the next 5 hours until supper.

The smaller piece with the temp

The bigger piece right after the foil was removed.

The FTC. (For the New Guys wondering what FTC is. Wrap in FOIL, Wrap in TOWEL, Place in COOLER)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Chris

That looks good my friend.

nepas

Tenpoint5

We HAVE A WINNER. Everyone in the family LOVED the Brisket and the Yellow Sauce. Started with a 12lb brisket, the only thing I have left is the Yellow Sauce. They inhaled the thing, super moist and tender. Although next time I will try to only take the Brisket to the 190-200* mark.

In a Sammie with a light shot of Yellow Sauce, added more after the pic.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

You are not a virgin any more.  :D

That baby looks great. What did you do with the point? I like to chop it and make a sammie out of it.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on July 13, 2009, 09:10:49 AM
You are not a virgin any more.  :D

That baby looks great. What did you do with the point? I like to chop it and make a sammie out of it.

I did mine like WTS I left everything all together. I didn't split them.

NePaSmoKer

I made the yellow sauce.........good stuff

However i did have to deviate some by adding some smoke to it  ;D

Cooling now then into a squeeze bottle  ;D

Like they say down south..........................yella sauce  ;D

nepas

seemore

damm. i was going to stop by and try that bad boy. looks good 10.5
seemore

Tenpoint5

Nepas,
How bad did the wife WIG OUT when she got and found out what you had been up to?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 14, 2009, 06:04:04 AM
Nepas,
How bad did the wife WIG OUT when she got and found out what you had been up to?

She didnt have a chance to WIG OUT  :D I made the sauce after she went to work  ;D Opened the windows and turned on the fans.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 14, 2009, 06:14:28 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 14, 2009, 06:04:04 AM
Nepas,

She didnt have a chance to WIG OUT  :D I made the sauce after she went to work  ;D Opened the windows and turned on the fans.

nepas

CHICKEN!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OU812

"Opened the windows and turned on the fans"

Sounds like my younger days when I would try smoking (cigarettes) but Ill be dammed she would still smell it.