Winter in Alaska

Started by Kummok, February 09, 2005, 10:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

I know what your wife means about the skiing part of boating.....many's the time when I've been out on the Bay with rough weather and marginal fishing ("marginal" up here means "less than the limit after fishing for two hours" [;)][:D]) and my mind starts to wander back to the smooth water of Lake Mead in our old Ski Nautique days [8D]

BTW.....I couldn't get any better than 318 on that game...time to get out the Sharps 50-140 and get that penguin in my sights![xx(]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

whitetailfan

I was showing the wife the penguin game and scored a 341.  I think it is a good thing, that I can't get the game to launch from work.  Some kind of productivity screener LOL[:D][:(][:(][:(][:(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][:)]
BTW, my three year old is sitting on my lap, and he wanted to work the smiley faces, so if my emoticons make no sense, that;s why.  Plus a lot of what I say makes no sense hahaha[8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)]

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br />I was showing the wife the penguin game and scored a 341.  I think it is a good thing, that I can't get the game to launch from work.  Some kind of productivity screener LOL[:D][:(][:(][:(][:(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][:)]
BTW, my three year old is sitting on my lap, and he wanted to work the smiley faces, so if my emoticons make no sense, that;s why.  Plus a lot of what I say makes no sense hahaha[8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)][8)]

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi WTF,

Gee, you've never been more lucid . . . [;)][;)][;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

birdboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />I know what your wife means about the skiing part of boating.....many's the time when I've been out on the Bay with rough weather and marginal fishing ("marginal" up here means "less than the limit after fishing for two hours" [;)][:D]) and my mind starts to wander back to the smooth water of Lake Mead in our old Ski Nautique days [8D]

BTW.....I couldn't get any better than 318 on that game...time to get out the Sharps 50-140 and get that penguin in my sights![xx(]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Never had the pleasure of skiing behind a true competition ski boat like a Nautique.  Lake Mead huh, I've looked at renting a houseboat on that lake, looks pretty nice.

Don't you use the Sharps as an anti bait-steeling, salmon killing sea lion defense unit ?[:D]

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by birdboy</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Never had the pleasure of skiing behind a true competition ski boat like a Nautique.  Lake Mead huh, I've looked at renting a houseboat on that lake, looks pretty nice.

Don't you use the Sharps as an anti bait-steeling, salmon killing sea lion defense unit ?[:D]

Highly recommend the Lake Mead houseboat trips....Rent from Colville Bay or Overton and head straight for the areas between Temple Bar and the launch ramp north of there a few miles...can't remember the name of the launch ramp but it serves Meadview Estates. Water's pretty low, but still great on a houseboat with PWCs and/or ski boat[8D] I'll attach photo of the area taken last Nov....Water is normally at least halfway up the sandy bar in the background and that bar is an EXCELLENT place to camp the houseboat....usually glass in that area and few boats because it is so far "upstream" but definitely worth the gas.

I shoot sea lions with camera only these days, (see pic below)....don't want the Sharps getting rusty[xx(]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

birdboy

They had some monster boats around there.... 75'ers, that just sounds like too much fun.  I'll keep the location in the note file in case we get to do it.

Nice picture ... even with the sea lions [:D][:D]