Honkers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 22, 2009, 11:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

No need for fancy camo

No need for anymore 3" nitro mag shells

No need for expensive decoys

From now on I'll just reach down and grap em by the neck  :D  ;D

These Canadian Honkers were by the canal must have been 30 of em with baby honkers.

Mmmmm i smell honker jerky  :D  ;D

nepas

Caribou

You just need to make a trail of bread crumbs that leads right into the smoker!
:D
Carolyn

smokeitall

LOL thats a good one Carolyn

I can just picture it now...Nepa with a bag of bread slowly leading the future honker jerky right into his garage.... ;D

pensrock

;D ;D ;D Carolyn

Gizmo

Still one of the most beautiful birds out there. IMHO
Sure miss watching them fly, circle around, lock up for a landing, and being in my sights if they were in range. :D
If they weren't in range, no problem, still a better show than what's on TV.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

oakville smoker

If these guys were in your neighbourhood, you might have a different opinion.
These birds leave a solid hint of their existance evey 5 minutes wherever they go.
They eat continously and as quick as they consume, they purge and make room for more.
Makes a walk by the lake and adventure.  Never lift your head because you cannot be too sure about what you are to step in. 

I am sure we could have picked a better bird for our national bird.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

tsquared

We used to have one as a pet until a mink got it (exit one mink--I was so mad) but have also shot my share as a kid hunting with my dad. I agree with you, Oakville, about them being an extreme pita in urban areas. Several years ago they got so bad here in the Victoria area that some of the local freshwater beaches had to be closed. At the time I was working for a  First Nations school and I told some of my fellow workers that they should be doing everyone a favour by exercising their native rights and shooting some. I was kidding at first but after awhile it didn't seem like such a bad idea!
T2

lumpy

Hey NePas
If you see any more, please give it the German Half twist, compliments of Lumpy!
That means one less "national" bird crapping in my back yard!
The more you guys shoot, the more grass I will see in the parks and not goose crap. >:(

Thanks
Lumpy