Canadian Source for Bubba Pucks

Started by oakville smoker, June 24, 2009, 04:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Good day all

Can anyone provide me with a source for bubba pucks in the Toronto area?
I wish Bradley would sell these then I could get an order together for cure and pucks all at the
same time.

Thanks much.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

lumpy

Do you know anyone that works in a machine shop. They can be made in minutes.

Lumpy

ExpatCanadian

Yup...  that's how I got mine...  a friend found me a scrap of aluminum rod and turned them on his lathe for me!  The key words are "scrap" and "friend", as it's difficult to buy a small enough quanitiy of the rod to make it cost effective and to get someone to do it for you would probably cost more than just ordering them from the US and swallowing the postage/customs fees....

oakville smoker

Thanks all.  I am going  to bite the bubba and order  them from yard and pool.
I dont know anyone who owns or works in a machine shop.  Good option, just not for me
Its as much for the frieght as it is for pucks and that is by parcel post which seems ridiclulous.
But it is what it is and I will be happy when I get them

thanks for the reponses
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

BigJohnT

oakville,

You might check with smokeitall (Scott) I think he can ship them to Canada for $8-$10 and he has a pile of them for $5 each...

John

RossP

I just ordered a set of three from  smoketail, total cost Canadian was $26.20 Canadian with shipping.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

oakville smoker

Thanks for this.  I am exhausting all alternatives before cross border shopping.
A friend of mine, who just happens to love to eat the food that comes out of my smoker, works for a business that has a machine shop.  He was over on Sunday and left with a bisquette to see if there was something in the shop the guys could make to perform this function.  I guess if my buddy pulls this off, I will have to repay him in briskett or something.

gaspr

You might want to try what I did.  I found a drinking glass with the same inside diameter as one of the wood pucks.  Then a took a large wad of scrap aluminum foil and pressed and packed it as firmly as i could into the bottom of the glass.  Takes a few tries to get about the right thickness.  Finish them up with a few hammer blows between a couple of pieces of flat iron or wooden blocks and yur done!  Been using the same three for over a year now...
Saskatchewan...where men are men and sheep are lying little tramps.

oakville smoker

YOWSER

I am in the process of bribing a friend of mine with a smoked dinner in exchange for 3 pucks made out of an old aluminum bar.
If he comes through, I will have to feed him.  But most likely, I would feed him again at some point !
We tee it up again at 6 AM this Saturday and maybe, just maybe they will be finished