Duck - my friend found out I have a Bradley and he ordered 2 ducks

Started by parismountain, July 28, 2009, 04:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parismountain

I'm having a hard time finding what to do with them on the Bradley.  When I search I don't get much info on how to smoke whole ducks.  I'm so new to this forum I don't understand the searching part yet.  Sometimes I follow a link a person has put  in their post and it is to the Bradley forum but it just goes to like a main page. 

Does anybody know a way to smoke a duck in a Bradley original?

Ka Honu

My best effort with (domestic) duck was by cold-smoking and then using The Big Easy for the actual cooking. 

I just went to the "Home" page and entered "duck" in the search box.  Came up with several threads containing info on smoking a whole duck (both wild and domestic).  Give it a try - if that doesn't work for you, let us know and someone will supply you with some links.

Wildcat

Do a member search for Mallard Whacker, then review some of his posts.  I have never smoked a duck, but I have baked and grilled them.  I have found them to be rather greasy and I always put several slits through the skin with a knife (especially on the bottom) to take care of that problem when grilling and baking.  You may also want to check the recipe site.  Just click on the link at the bottom of my post.

Correction:  MallardWacker
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

If you use the recipe I posted (Gizmo, thanks for finding that, I was looking for it last week), I would use another liquid other than the red wine. Other's liked it, but it had an "off" taste to me.

The next time I'm planning on using orange juice instead of wine, 2 hours of smoke, and after applying the smoke move it to the kitchen oven.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

I have done a 5 hour duck with very good results. All I would do different  is to smoke it in the Bradley for about 1 to 3 hours and then follow the recipe.

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/special/2006/150best/roast-duck.html

Brad