Chez

Started by Oldman, February 16, 2005, 04:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Chez,

This is the same person (lenyfano) as last time that spammed our boards concerning smoking.
Being their out of Japan, and working these boards I wonder if they have an static IP address.

I don't know what utilities you have in your Admin CP for this board. However,
if the IP is static, you should have an option in your Admin CP to block that IP addy.  I know on my boards
I do,and as Admin I see the IP addy of every poster at the bottom of their postings. Even if it is not static
most software blockers will allow a spread on the IP addy.

You would only do a blocking spread on the last Octet. For example let's say their addy is:

In your program there are generally two areas to put this IP in. The beginning address you are
blocking and the ending range of that address.

This is how most do it.
To

As you can see the last Octet is no longer 112. It is ranged from 0 to 255. What you have done here
is to block all 256 possible combination of that IP. Even if they are not static and their IP changes,
most ISPs have a given range for a customer. By the 5th or 6th time they spam, you
should have their total ISP range. At that point they can no longer post.

There are some work about's for this and I could get past it, but it would be painfully slow. If my job was
to post to as many places with a head count at the end of the day and I had to stop and do a work
 about I would just by-pass this site.

Now on the boards I use it is even easier to block than the above
example.  Normally I don't post a pic this visually large but I wanted you to see where mine is at.
Perhaps yours is close to being
the same. Also please note the information I added. You can see why
you don't do a spread on anything other than just the last octet.

As you can see you only want to ban the last octet. You do the third
and you are blocking over 65,000 address. If you block the 2nd
and you are blocking over 4 billion address and that is with a B!

Now maybe it will just be easier for you to delete these posting.
However, on my end folks who spam my sites get ban.

AnyWho it is up to you how you handle this.  I'm just trying to give
you an option.
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Olds,  I get tired from these guys that try ad limit my smoking "sensation", man, I'm trying to increase it....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...