Republic of CA

Started by ThorJeep, August 22, 2009, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorJeep

Hey from east bay area near San Francisco.

Just got the digital 6 -rack  smoker Thurs, ran to Bass pro shops (40mi) to get briquettes Thurs night. Smoked quails eggs Fri ;) Halal Chicken and Pork chops in alder today.

A big Gas BBq'er and now a smoker (thought I quit that after 25yrs)

Interested in Lox, Have a freezer full of alaskan kings and halibut from a fishing trip this summer.

Also in deli cuts (Pastrami, turkey, anything else anyone can recommend)

Hopefully I can contribute soon, as for now and advice is good advice :)
Scott

Thor is my Cj7 :)
"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,  And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard Thorjeep!!
For your salmon you cannot go wrong with Kummoks Alaskan salmon. You will find that as a sticky on the top of the fish thread. Now for the other things you are curious about. you will have to check out the Recipe Site.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Jimmy

Welcome ThorJeep,

You will really enjoy your new smoker, I just picked up my first Bradley a few weeks ago and just love how easy it is to create great BBQ..

If you haven't already check out the recipe site, alot of great stuff to make there...

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180=180 

Jimmy

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there ThorJeep and welcome to the Bradley Family.

I am very perplexed, Halal chicken and Pork chops. That is weird!! Why Halal chicken??

For those who don't know what Halal chicken is, this is a method where the chicken is slaughtered by a very sharp knife and is hung upside down to bleed out all the blood. A common Islamic way of slaughtering all types of "meat" animals and is similar to the Kosher way. Now you know why I am perplexed.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ThorJeep

Lol! I didn't think of it that way (Islam does no eat pork, or so I had heard).
I have a small Indian grocery store as a customer. Halal chicken is fresh, no extra junk and just the best I have found without living on a farm.

I am Christian, so I have no dietary restrictions!

Scott

Thor is my Cj7 :)
"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,  And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2

goblism

would love to have a freezer full of salmon!

Welcome to the sight, I am new to smoking as well, great crowd here.  Also seriously check out that recipe site, i look more into those recipes than i do my books i have.

Also don't forget to try some ABTs if you have never tried them, man they are good.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum ThorJeep!

On the short "must do" list -- Hab's Canadian bacon.

If you click on the ribs at the bottom of this post, it will take you to our recipe site.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard Thorjeep. You will find a bunch of good folks here willing and able to help out. Let see them pics.
Mike