• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Hot Links

Started by Jimmy, August 22, 2009, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

I must be in sausage mode this weekend...   Just made a 10lb batch of Hot Links..

Recipe I used should be quite warm... ;D

10lb Pork Butt/ground through a 4.5mm plate
8 Tbs Molasses
3 Tbs Salt
3/4 c Cayenne
1/2 c Onion powder
2/3 c Paprika
1/4 c Soy protein
1/2 c Garlic powder
1/4 c Crushed red chilies (dry)
2 tsp Cure #1
2 Tbs Black pepper
1.5 Tbs Anise ground
1 12oz (ice cold)Alaskan Amber added with spices after the grind
Stuffed into 32mm hod casings

All stuffed and ready for the smoker tomorrow...

Hopefull Romantic

Them were the before pics, I wanna see the afters.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

Sounds and Looks good Jimmy. Did you adapt your recipe from Poli's recipe he has on his site?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Jimmy

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 23, 2009, 05:49:06 AM
Them were the before pics, I wanna see the afters.

HR

They're in the smoker right now, pics coming shortly.. ;)

Jimmy

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 23, 2009, 06:07:59 AM
Sounds and Looks good Jimmy. Did you adapt your recipe from Poli's recipe he has on his site?

Never heard of Poli's recipes, do you have link to the site?   This recipe came from a brine that I worked on for about a year that I used for Treager smoked pork loins, I just added the cure and tried to estimate the seasonings for sausage..  The sample I fried up last night tasted pretty good so it should make for an interesting hot link...

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Jimmy

Quote from: Mr Walleye on August 23, 2009, 10:05:05 AM
Jimmy

Here is alink to dozens of Poli's recipes.

http://lpoli.50webs.com/AlphabeticalList.htm

Mike
[/quote

Wow thanks Mike..  Now that is a sausage lovers dream list!!!   I found at least a dozen I want to try within a couple of minutes...

squirtthecat

Yeah, me too...   I'm digging that Pastrami.   I love the stuff, but can't find anything decent around here.

mikecorn.1

Them looking good, cant wait for the results pics.
Mike

Jimmy

After the smoke...  Great flavor and definitely hot enough...

Tenpoint5

Those look like they turned out Awesome. What flavor of smoke did you apply? I am assuming you took them to 152* IT during the smoke. If not how long did you smoke them for?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HawkeyeSmokes

Great looking sausage there Jimmy!
HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Jimmy

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 24, 2009, 08:11:02 AM
Those look like they turned out Awesome. What flavor of smoke did you apply? I am assuming you took them to 152* IT during the smoke. If not how long did you smoke them for?

Thanks

I used apple for a more mild smoke...  I dried at 130 for 45 min, then 150 for 2 hours with smoke and 165 for 2 hours with smoke, then they took another 6 hours at 165 to reach an IT of 152, a little longer than I thought it would take but worth the wait. I pulled them out at 1am and dunked them in an ice bath, air dried and vacc packed them..

Tenpoint5

Sounds about right. I made the Hot Links from Poli's site, I admit I forgot to add the hot sauce (Long story) but for a fresh sausage they were great, perfect for on the grill. Give them a whirl, they are warm but not firehouse.