ICB III Summers Last Blast Turn-In Pictures

Started by Tenpoint5, August 24, 2009, 10:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Iron Chef Bradley III entry should be named the winner? (The last posting has all of the turn in pictures together to aid in your decision)

Tenpoint 5
Caribou
westexasmoker
Bradley Head Office (Brian)
FLBentRider
deb415611
classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

This is the Iron Chef Bradley III Summers Last Blast Picture Turn-In. Please post your Recipe, How you made it, What ingredients you used, and your Pictures of how you made it and a Finished product picture. Voting on the Entries received will be from the 7th thru the 11th of Sept.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING IN THIS THREAD until the voting is complete. You may post any comments in the ICB III Smack Talk Thread.

AS A REMINDER FOR EVERYONE

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven.

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. IE...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

The Ingredients: You must use one meat and two of the other ingredients. Your choice of what you use!

The Meats are: Pork Loin or Sausage (Bulk or link)

The Others: Zucchini, Tater Tots, Oranges, Dates
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

SMBT's (Sweet Mild Buffalo Turds)

Preheat your Bradley for a 225* cook

Ingredients:

Two Small Zucchini
Pitted Dates (About 8 )
One Sausage Link (I used Cajun Flavored)
3/4 package of Cream Cheese
Dried Chives (Too Taste about 2-3 Tbls)
Fresh Cracked Pepper ( To Taste)
1lb of BACON

Remove Sausage from the casing and pan fry until browned

Dice up about 8 Pitted Dates

When Cream Cheese is room temp and the Sausage has cooled. Combine Cream Cheese, Sausage, Dates, Chives and Cracked Pepper and set aside.

Peel and halve the Zucchini. Once you have the halves remove the seeds with a melon baller.

Fill the cavity in the Zucchini with the Cream Cheese mixture.

Then wrap them babies with BACON!!!!

Give them a good coating of your favorite Rub. I used Jan's Rub from the recipe site

Place them in your Bradley Smoker at 225* for 2 1/2 hours, Apply Pecan Smoke for 2 hours
This is what you will end up with. The bite size pieces Really carry the Bacon and Sausage Flavor and have the most wonderful sweet aftertaste that comes from the Dates.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Green Enchiladas Stuffed with Spicy Grilled Zucchinis, Pork Sausage and Tots

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds spicy pork sausage
2 med zucchini
10 large corn tortillas
2/3 cup chopped onion
3 TBS chopped fresh parsley
2 cups tator tots thawed and crushed
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 large can of green enchilada sauce
1 cup sour cream
Penzeys Southwest Seasoning (salt, ancho pepper, garlic, black pepper,o regano, cayenne, cumin, chipotle, cilantro)
Canola oil

Heat up the grill to hot.
Slice zucchini lengthwise 1/4" thick.
Brush both sides with oil and season generously with Southwest Seasoning
Grill about 3-4 mins on each side.
Once cool enough to handle, chop.

Still over a hot grill.
Brown sausage in a skillet, then drain
Saute in oil the tator tots and chopped onions.

To make the filling, mix together sour cream, chopped parsley and 1 3/4 cups of the shredded cheese.
Add to this the browned sausage, sauted tots and onions and chopped grilled zucchini and mix until just blended.
Soften corn tortillas in hot oil for 5 seconds on each size.
Dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce
Then generously fill with the filling
Roll and place seam side down in a roasting pan.
Once all your enchiladas are built, pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.

Cook in a 350F preheated grill over indirect heat for 25 minutes or until bubbling.
Close the grill while cooking.

Enjoy!
Carolyn

westexasmoker

WTS Caribbean Kebabs

Porkloin trimmed of fat, seasoned with some salt and pepper.  Resting while the smoker comes up to 220

3 hours of mesquite, pulled when IT hit 150, right around 5 hours give or take.  Wrap tight in foil and into the fridge overnight.

Orange wedges, mango, pineapple, dates, red, yellow, orange bell peppers and porkloin cubed...time to assemble.

All assembled, order is not important.  If you don't have metal kebab rods, soak wooden skewers for an hour in water.  Then off to the grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, you can tell when its time to pull them.

Off the grill, drizzeled with a little sweet and sour sauce.

Plated up with teriyaki rice, water chestnuts, grilled tequila lime shrimp and some sweet and sour sauce

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Bradley (Head Office)

Bradley (Brian's Porkloin,Cranberry,Orange,Date Stirfry)

Ingredients:

Porkloin Seasoned with salt & Pepper. Refrigerate over night.

3 hours of Apple Smoke @210 F pulled when IT is at 155F about 6 hours total time.

In a medium sauce pan
Combine  water,sugar,orange juice, cinnamon stick, chopped dates, diced orange, cranberries,orange zest (3 peels)
Simmer over low heat unitil cranberries burst. Remove Cinnamon stick & Orange Peels

Veggies, Zucchini,carrots,celery,cauliflower,red peppers,onions,cut stirfry style.
Marinade, Garlic, olive oil,balsamic vinegar,fresh basil,soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, salt & pepper to taste.
Combine all ingredient's and let sit over night.
Place in a oven bag and aluminium tray and put on BBQ over low heat cook until veggies are tender.

Place vegetables on a plate add pork cubes drizzle sauce over the top and enjoy.

FLBentRider

Sausage TaterTot Casserole

2Lbs Sausage
1 Package Tater tots
1 zucchini
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
Cheese

Start by lining your pan with plastic wrap, this will help get the meat out in 1 piece for smoking.

Press sausage into pan, about 3/4 of an inch thick.

Using plastic wrap, remove sausage from pan and place on smoker rack.

Apply 1 hour of smoke @ 200-225F.
Bake Tater tots in oven 10 minutes @ 450F.

Remove meat from smoker, dab any fat off, place in pan.

Spread soup (straight from can) over sausage.

peel and grate zucchini and layer on soup.

layer shredded cheese on zucchinni.

Arrange tater tots on top thusly:

Smoke for 1 hour @ 225-250F

Remove from smoker, place under broiler to crisp tater tots.

Rest 15 minutes, cut and serve.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

ICB3 Biscuits

Ingredients:

6 1/2 oz. flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 oz butter, cut in small pieces
5 oz sour cream
1/2 cup cooked breakfast sausage (bulk or link cut in small pieces)
1/2 cup diced cheese (I used colbyjack)
2 Tablespoons minced red pepper
6 Tater Tots (thawed & cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup grated zucchini
1 tsp chives

Cook sausage on grill

In mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Add the butter & work in until crumbly.

Add the rest of the ingredients except sour cream, mix together

Add sour cream and mix just until everything is moistened.

Transfer dough to parchment, shape into rectangle about 3/4 inch thick

Cut into squares

Bake in 400 - 500 degree grill with cover down -- I think mine averaged about 450 and took 25 min 

classicrockgriller

PORK LOIN PINWHEEL or PORC REIN PAR RAYONNEMENT

Ingredients

I took a 12 inch section out of this whole pork loin ( about 3 1/2 lbs ) and cut off the fat and membrane. Laid it flat on my cutting board  and started slicing across the length of the loin leaving about 1/4 inch of pork and unrolling it as I went. ( I put mine back in the freezer for a short visit to firm it up a little. )

I vaccum injected it with 1/2 cup fresh orange juice and 2 tablespoons of evoo.

I then made a Charoset Paste out of the following ingredients:
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
12 dried apricots, cut up
12 prunes, cut up
12 dates, cut up
1/4 ts ground cinnamon
orange sections as needed, seeds removed
1. chop the nuts and fruit in a food processor
2. add enough orange sections to make a spreadable paste

I took 2 cups of tater tots and put in oven at 420 and bake them about 4 times as long as the package said to crispen them up. Heat up on skillet on stove top add a dab of evoo and 4 ts of minced garlic. When the garlic is good and sweet take 1/2 lb of spicy boudain out of its casing and crumble up with garlic. Add the tater tots and blend together with a mash potato masher. Add enough apple juice (1/2) cup and stir around and let it reduce down till you have a spreadable paste.

Remove your pork loin out of vacuum seal and lightly pat with paper towel. Take the Charoset Paste and start in the middle, spread a thin layer stopping about 1 inch from each end.
  Layer your jalapeno cheese next.
  Spread out your Boudain/Tater Tot paste the same as you did your Charoset paste.

Start at one end of Pork Loin and roll it up. Scrape off any of the mixture that might have ozzed out and lightly season the out side with cajun spice and set aside. Let them all party together for a while.
  Lay out 5 pieces of butcher twine and start laying bacon in the opposite direction.
  Lay your rolled up pinwheel in the same direction as your bacon. Finish adding enough bacon to cover your pinwheel, tie the twine and cut off loose strings. You can either add another piece of twine length wise to hold ends of bacon or tooth pick them. Add coarse ground pepper to the outside of the bacon.

I preheated my new girlfriend "Gabija" (new name for my bradley, I call her Gabi....thanks Mike, aka Mr Walleye) to 220 and smoked using 2/1 apple/jim bean for 3 hrs and cooked until it reached 158. ( 5 hours and 10 minutes )

While my pinwheel was resting, I sliced the zuchinni length wise in 1/2 inch widths, sprinkled with Penzeys' "Herbes de Provence" and steamed for 6 to 8 minutes or until fork tender, then sprinkled the top with Parmesan, Romano and Asiago shredded cheese and placed in smoker with apple smoke and no heat for 40 minutes.

The finish plating. Pork Loin Pinwheel, Cheese Topped Smoked Zuchinni, Cilantro Potato Salad and Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits. I used every ingredient ! !

After you have tried this you will have "UN PARTI DANS VOTRE BOUCHE" ....... (A PARTY IN YOUR MOUTH)

B U R P !

Tenpoint5

LET THE VOTING BEGIN !!

A quick reminder:

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. IE...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

The Ingredients: You must use one meat and two of the other ingredients. Your choice of what you use!

The Meats are: Pork Loin or Sausage (Bulk or link)

The Others: Zucchini, Tater Tots, Oranges, Dates

The Contestants and Their Entries:

Tenpoint 5

Caribou

Westexasmoker

Bradley Head Office (Brian)

FLBentRider

deb415611

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

GAME OVER!!!!
Congratulations on a Stunning dish go out to the WINNER of Iron Chef Bradley III.
Caribou AKA: Carolyn Wins

pensrock

FLBentRider

Congrats Carolyn!

Having said that, I will make my dish again, it's a keeper!

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Nice Recipe Carolyn. Great JOB.....A very deserving winner.

Thanks to everyone else to, all great dishes.

Caribou

Quote from: FLBentRider on September 11, 2009, 06:05:04 AM
Congrats Carolyn!

I want to make your's too FLBR!  My hubby has requested it, too :)
Thanks guys, it's was a lot of fun to compete and I appreciate that 10.5 put this contest together.
And for me who is not a creative cook AT ALL, it's fun to have the chance to be creative.
Carolyn

FLBentRider

Quote from: Caribou on September 11, 2009, 06:45:19 AM
Quote from: FLBentRider on September 11, 2009, 06:05:04 AM
Congrats Carolyn!

I want to make your's too FLBR!  My hubby has requested it, too :)
Thanks guys, it's was a lot of fun to compete and I appreciate that 10.5 put this contest together.
And for me who is not a creative cook AT ALL, it's fun to have the chance to be creative.
Carolyn

That recipe is a modifed version of our regular Tater tot casserole:

Ground beef - a pound or two depending on the size of your pan. 90/10 works best
Cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
cheese
tater tots

Press GB into a baking dish, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness
Spread soup on top of GB
Layer of Cheese.
Line up tater tots on top

Put into oven 1 hour @ 350F - rest 15 minutes after.

Serve!

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!