is this ok

Started by classicrockgriller, August 26, 2009, 08:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

My JBDBS came in today and i did the seasoning on it. I set my oven temp according to the book at 150 it started smoking but the temp rose to and stayed around 185. Everything else did as it was suppose to. I want to smoke on it tomorrow so should i adjust my temp setting to get the oven temp i want? thanks for the help

KyNola

You're all good.  Don't worry about it.

Now......smoke something!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

si just set my temp setting to what i want to cook at and kinda don't about the oven temp

mikecorn.1

Congrats on the first step. Now you cant start smoking and posting.  ;D
Mike

Tenpoint5

CRG like Kynola said your ready to smoke something. Don't worry about the temp in the DBS it will be fine. It is going to fluctuate up and down as much as 10*. Unless your doing sausage it really isn't going to be a bother. Make sure your vent is atleast 1/2 way open at all times. I think mine is stuck in the 3/4 position, I hardly ever move it. Enjoy
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy, it will be fun

Yes set the temp you want to cook at on the generator.

I have the DBS and have noticed that the temp will balance out when the product in the smoker gets closer to the cabnet temp.

Try to do most of your cooking in the upper half of the smoker, the heat is more balanced there (front to back) and like 10.5 said keep your vent open at least 1/2 never close your vent when the smoker is in use

Keep your vent wide open if your doing poultry