Dbrown1's Smoked Salmon Recipe

Started by dbrown1, August 19, 2009, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

Hey all, Was wondering if someone might be willing to try this recipe and let me know what you think, everyone says it's great but I am new to smoking so I'm not really sure.

Brine:
34 oz Yoshidas Sweet Terriyaki
10 oz Soy Sauce
20 oz Pineapple Tidbits
6-8 Cloves of Garlic - Minced
1/2 tbs. Celery Salt
1/2 tbs. Cayenne Pepper
3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
Optional 2 shots of Whiskey
Cook drinks the reserve.... ;D

Brine for 12-14 hours

I was drying my fish for only 4 hours and after receiving excellent information I will be drying for a lot longer (Thanks to all) to avoid the buggers

Smoking I used Kummoks times and temp and it came out great...

Anyhow hope someone tries this and looking forward to the feedback.

Caribou

Thanks for sharing your recipe Dbrown1,
I'll have to try it when I get my hands on some salmon.
Carolyn

KyNola

Hey D,
I really like the looks of that brine.  How many pounds of salmon filets do you use?

KyNola

Kummok

The brine looks good to me! I know a few folks that use Yoshida's and are quite happy with the results....I use it sometimes to marinate my grilled halibut and salmon. Tastes great but sure makes a mess of the grill!

dbrown1

That seems to be good for approx. 3-4 fish (reds) I will be doubling this for my next batch...

dbrown1

Hey Caribou, love your dog I have a three yr. old terror myself haha...I am totally new to forums or I would post his picture.

Habanero Smoker

This does look like an interesting brine. I may try it sometime in September.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dbrown1

If anyone tries this let me know what you think, always up for compliments/criticism

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: dbrown1 on September 24, 2009, 05:17:39 PM
If anyone tries this let me know what you think, always up for compliments/criticism
Hey dbrown, you were about 6 hours too late. I had already my salmon swiming in brine. Wish I had seen your thread earlier. But I will try it next time.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

dbrown1

No worries HR, thanks for the willingness to try... lemme know what you think I have another post on here experimental where I modified this recipe a little both are great in my opinion allthough I may be a bit partial  ;D

Hopefull Romantic

I will let you know the results. Then again it cant be all that bad when one gets to drink the reserve especially when whiskey is involved. You would not mind if I use JD, do you?

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

dbrown1