Hunting and Fishing Pics---Post them here!

Started by Caribou, August 28, 2009, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Muzzle Loader Buck from 08 One of them Corn fed fella's, he's bigger than he looks about 160 laying there.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Nice deer all!

I have some pig hunt pictures around here somewhere, but I am going to have to really dig.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caribou

Hi Danattherock!
What great fishing pics! Those trips you take with your wife must be such great times, I would love to experience something like that someday.

10.5!
Great looking buck!  We don't have anything that heavy around here, we need corn!
Carolyn

danattherock

Quote from: Caribou on August 29, 2009, 07:01:46 AM
Hi Danattherock!
What great fishing pics! Those trips you take with your wife must be such great times, I would love to experience something like that someday.

Easier to do than it may appear. We do these remote trips every year. If you ever want to take a trip like this, I can tell you everything you would need to know. There is no better way to see the "real" Alaska. Should you ever decide to do a trip like this, just shoot me a PM. Or email [email protected]

Dan
"The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask"

Caribou

Quote from: danattherock on August 29, 2009, 07:19:29 AM
Quote from: Caribou on August 29, 2009, 07:01:46 AM
Hi Danattherock!

Easier to do than it may appear. We do these remote trips every year. If you ever want to take a trip like this, I can tell you everything you would need to know. There is no better way to see the "real" Alaska. Should you ever decide to do a trip like this, just shoot me a PM. Or email [email protected]

Dan
Dan!
We checked out your Flicker album and enjoyed it very much! :)
Carolyn

Roadking

Wifes first turkey in South Carolina

Wifes Antelope 1996 on our friends ranch south of Gillette, Wyoming

We went back the following year and she harvested this Antelope at 275 yards.

FLBentRider

I dug up the pics. These are from 12/2001. Yeah, I was a little heavier then.

Gator hunt:

My Pig:

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ka Honu

FLBR - After seeing the second photo, I kinda wonder what you were trying to do to that pig before you shot it.  Then again, I probably don't want to know.

Caribou

Quote from: Ka Honu on August 29, 2009, 04:27:51 PM
FLBR - After seeing the second photo, I kinda wonder what you were trying to do to that pig before you shot it.  Then again, I probably don't want to know.
Ka Honu!
You are one funny guy!
My hubby and I laughed at the one until we cried! :D
Carolyn

HCT

Ka Honu,  I thought the same thing when I saw that pic. Glad I'm not the only sicko. :D :D :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

FWIW - it got there getting the pig outta the buggy.

I was going to photoshop it out, but then what would you have to snicker about ?

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caribou

They're great pics FLBR!
I'm interested in what you did with the gators, and what the wild hog taste like compared to a domesticated one?
Carolyn

FLBentRider

Usually sell the hides of the gators for shoes, boots...

The meat... tastes like chicken (NOT) it tastes like gator... breaded and deep fried.

The pig.. it is a much leaner and darker meat than domestic pork. Sort of like venison.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

Funny you mention hogs, the other day my niece was traveling on I-80 which runs right past the back of my property. She said she seen a pig cross the road near where I live. I said WHAT? We do not have wild hogs anywhere near this area. What kind of pig, she said a pink one, you know like porky pig but bigger. Now I do not know whats going on because there are no farms on either side of I-80 at least near where I live so its hard to tell where it came from.  ???
But I have the gun resting near the back door in case little piggie comes wandering in my back yard. ;) Won't take long to get the smoker fired up filled with fresh pork. :)

FLBentRider

The (game) laws are kinda funny in FL for pigs

If they are in a game preserve (read state hunting area) - there are seasons, size limits, bag limits, etc.

but on private land, they are considered "livestock" you can dispatch as many as you want with whatever you want whenever you want.

Got Howitzer ?

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!