• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What's smoking Labor Day Weekend?

Started by Caneyscud, August 31, 2009, 07:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: oakville smoker on September 01, 2009, 07:08:07 AM
I think the smoker will be working overtime this weekend, well it pretty much works overtime every weekend

I have a craving for some pulled pork.  I am going to have to find a place to buy butts around here which is always a challenge.  I have a huge pork loin  that was going to become back bacon except that I am really having trouble getting the cure.  So I think it will become a stuffed loin.  I have been threatening to smoke some steaks and I think this will be the weekend.

Apparently I created the best back ribs ever consumed in the history of the earth last weekend, so I will be challenged to exceed those expectations.  Even smoked some garlic and onions and corn while I was at it.

Enjoy all.  Who knows, I might even post some pics when this is all done !  Np promises though, only threats

Oh yeah you have to post pics of "the best back ribs ever consumed in the history of the earth" Besides I have a brand new keyboard with no drool marks on it yet. Need to break it in.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Is the moon in the wrong phase or sumthin?  Yesterday, the hard drive in the desktop at home crashed!  I'm sure glad there is a new (really good) bbq joint just 3 blocks from the office, where I can drown my sorrows in brisket tacos and tamales!  I'm just thankful that it was my BIL sitting at it when it crashed - I at least still have what is left of my rear end - he didn't - after my wife got hold of him!   If that is anything like a tea-bag attack - I don't want anything to do with one!   ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

1wired1

Sorry to hear about your summer.

In the smoker now= ribs, brisket, and chicken breasts stuffed w/ cheese & ham and wrapped in bacon. didnt have room for the stuffed bell peppers, i think they will go on the grill later.

squirtthecat

I've got a 5 lb turkey roast rubbed up and smoking away.  1 hour of who knows what (biscuits fell out of the packaging and mixed up) and 2 more of apple.

I'm off to the Farm Store and Mega Mart to hunt & gather.  The Mrs is going to Talbots.

I get the better end of that deal, I think........

squirtthecat

I walk back in the door with my arms full of groceries, and my Maverick starts beeping just as I set them down.  150 IT.  Perfect timing!  Time to FTC, and let it keep on resting/getting happy until dinner time..

pensrock

Looks good, what time did you say dinner was?  ;)

OU812

Thats a good looking breast you got there squirt (no pun intended)  :D

squirtthecat

Thanks!   I had plenty of compliments on my 'butt' last week as well.    :D

Turkey was great.  Sat FTC'd for 6+ hours and was still hot enough to eat w/o reheating.

Next time I'll do 2 side-by-side and slice them up for lunchmeat.

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 08, 2009, 08:07:21 AM

2 Breast's side by side, thats always nice to look at  ;D

Aint nothing like fresh homemade turkey lunchn meat

mikecorn.1

Quote from: OU812 on September 08, 2009, 08:18:40 AM
Quote from: squirtthecat on September 08, 2009, 08:07:21 AM
Yeah, I second that.

2 Breast's side by side, thats always nice to look at  ;D

Aint nothing like fresh homemade turkey lunchn meat
Mike

Quarlow

A little late but 40lbs of spring(king for youse south of the border)salmon and 10 lbs of coho. Yummy :P

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

car54

Quarlow,

Looks great, I wish I were there with you.

Brad

HawkeyeSmokes

Crickey Quarlow, that is some mighty fine looking fish! Got any left to share with the rest of us?  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

Sure come on over. Well crack some brown ones and some crown royal and have at it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

OU812

Wow now thats a pile of fish, looking good there Quarow

Wish more than just me liked fish in our house then I would cook it more often