Ok, got the smoker....Is this normal?

Started by JGW, September 02, 2009, 02:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGW

Unpacking the smoker just a few minutes ago, and the part where the feeder tube goes in looks....askew.

I put the tube in, and it doesn't look right, so I removed it and took the picture.

So...is this normal?

HawkeyeSmokes

No, it's not normal. Others have had a post on this. Some just gently moved the tube into and if I remember right, some have removed the cover to correct it. I'm sure others will answer further on this.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
HawkeyeSmokes

mikecorn.1

Same here, If you can correct it and have no problems with the pucks advancing than you can go that route. But you never know what caused that to begin with and might have problems later on. If you can wait, I maybe would suggest getting a hold of bradley and getting it replaced. Jus my 2 cents.
Mike

BigJohnT

Mine was the same way. I just removed the screws on the bottom and shifted it to the proper position which is more or less centered then put the screws back in.

John

JGW

Ok, Thanks for the replies.

I partly removed the cover, and put the ring thing the way it should be.  Seasoning it right now to check that everything is working correctly.

I also found a screw not completely screwed in on the door.  Must've been made on a Monday.   ;)

BigJohnT

Don't forget when your smoking then cooking after to remove the last puck from the smoke generator so you don't get that burnt wood smell. And never close the vent all the way. I usually have mine open 1/2 to full.

Enjoy
John

JGW

Thanks again, all.

Ran through the seasoning process - everything worked fine.  Pucks advance when they are supposed to and feed correctly.

Now to fire this bad boy up this weekend with some brisket..... ;D

HawkeyeSmokes

Did you say BRISKET? Make sure to check this from WTS, the brisket expert here. It works great. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=525

Glad to hear your up and running.
HawkeyeSmokes

JGW

Heh, I grew up in Texas.  If we Texans know one thing, it's brisket.   ;)  Course, it never hurts to learn new tricks.

Smoke on!

classicrockgriller

welcome to the forum...what part of texas? what made u leave God's land?

JGW

No choice.  Military, then retired from it - got a job doing what I do.

San Antonio/Austin for the growing up part.  Hill country.  Hoping to get back there at some point.

Hopefull Romantic

JGW

when I received my smoke it was and still as your photo looks. I thought it was normal. No that I know better and soon as I get back from my business trip I will do what you were recommended to.

Thanks BJT.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Am from the piney woods area of Texas and this smoker is addictive...you will find yourself dreamin about what you can do with it. Hope you get back to Texas one day...soon