• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ok, I think I have an addiction now...

Started by squirtthecat, September 04, 2009, 05:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Never in the past would I have walked out of a grocery store with any of these. (much less all 3)

Perhaps I need to join a support group.

Hi, my name is Squirt, and I am addicted to smoking MASS quantities of meat.

Hi Squirt...

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Caribou

Squirt!
This is the support group, which is really just a bunch of enablers!
i did the same thing, bought 25lbs of pork shoulder when it was on sale for under a dollar per pound.
Carolyn

squirtthecat

;D

These butts were 87 cents a pound at Schnuck's.   I'd go back and get a couple more, but my freezer is about to burst as it is.   The brisket was $3.47 a pound, ($31 for that monster) but my wife likes it, as it is leaner than the pork.

Heck, we'd easily spend 30 bucks eating out at Chili's.  (and not having any leftovers)

I could feed my office with that load of meat.   And I'll have a fun time cooking it!

Caribou

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 04, 2009, 06:18:39 AM

Heck, we'd easily spend 30 bucks eating out at Chili's.  (and not having any leftovers)

I could feed my office with that load of meat.   And I'll have a fun time cooking it!

That's EXACTLY how I look at it!
I see those little cute packages of jerky or snack sticks for so much$$$$ and I feel like a genius!
You're so right about eating out too, you can buy a lot of stuff to smoke and have fun with for $30! :D
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Any money you spend on your family squirt is maney well spent.

Enjoy all three slabs of meat and when you smoke them paost them.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

Those should last me well into Autumn...   I've got at least 4 turkey breast roasts in the freezer that the Mrs keeps asking for.

And in the meantime, I'm moving forward with my 'grill patio' project.   The local landscape company came this week to yank a tree stump, pour my curbing and strip the sod out.

Doesn't look like much now, but I'm having 3.5 tons of merrimac (reddish) rock delivered next week to fill it.

My poor Bradley was exiled from his little shed, I hope to have it all back in place next week. It will spend the weekend on the deck to keep dry.

KyNola

Squirt,
I love your throne in the corner of your picture where you can sit and survey your kingdom!  ;) :D

KyNola

squirtthecat

HA!    I am going to have a small picnic table made and some other things to fill that area up.  Maybe a fire pit.
The long range plan is to have a small pavilion type roof put over it.  6x6 posts on the corners, flat/sloped roof, etc.

That's way out though, I have to finish/pay for all of this first.  And then my car needs an $800 brake job.  :o

OU812

Butt for .87/lb wow that is cheep

Thats going to be a nice set up when it gets done

squirtthecat

Thats going to be a nice set up when it gets done

Thanks!

The Mrs just wanted a slab of concrete poured out there, but concrete is stupid expensive around here.  Not to mention:  It is somewhat ugly, it stains easily (and I make a mess when cooking), anything dropped on it will bend/break/shatter, it would be an ice rink this winter, and it eventually cracks (I sit on top of an active coal mine).

This way, if I spill something in the rocks, I just kick them around and the next rain shower takes care of the mess.

I will, however, put some big pavers around in some kind of pattern(s) to hold my Weber gasser, camp kitchen, fire pit, any future toys (BGE), etc.

smokeitall

Schnucks $0.87 / lb Pork Butt....Oh man I got two Schnucks within 2 miles of me, I better bring the pickup truck.  ;D  I just checked Sams last weekend and the case price was $0.99 / lb.  Thanks for the heads up.