Got my DBS

Started by BC Smokin', September 04, 2009, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC Smokin'

I phoned the Home Hardware store this morning, thinking I would have to order one in, but lo and behold, they had one in stock. Drove down there, and picked it up and brought it home. We are sitting it up on the deck now. Hope it is OK to use on a wood deck? Noticed it has rubber feet, so thought it would be OK.

What should I smoke first, I bought a whole chicken, a couple of t-bones, a pork butt roast. I won't be smoking them all at the same time, but what would be the first to start with? Also bought Maple, Hickory, Jim Beam and Crown Royal Bisquettes and already had some Apple.
I'll wait to smoke any meat until tomorrow as it is 3:33 PM here now, and still have not seasoned it yet. So that is the plan today, just season it and smoke tomorrow.
BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl

squirtthecat

It's a thing of beauty!  (won't look that way for long)  It'll be fine on the deck.  No worries about heat. (mine normally lives in a plastic tool cabinet in the yard, but I have a small construction project going on, so it is back on the deck)

You'll want to put something down in front of it, at least a cookie sheet or something, to catch drips from the racks as you are loading/unloading it.

smokeitall

Do the chicken first...takes less time so you can taste your creation sooner.  When the chicken is done crank down the temp a little and throw in the butt for some pulled pork.

mikecorn.1

OOOOOeeeeee. that thing sure looks just like the one I got.  ;D  Congrats.
Mike

classicrockgriller

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

Like Smokeitall, I would recommend that you do the chicken first with either maple or hickory. It is fast and delicious and a good thing to test the waters. Enjoy

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

car54

Welcome Bc,

Here is a good chicken recipe from the recipe site.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=46#post46

Brad

BC Smokin'

Thanks for the chicken recipe, sure seems easy enough. I'll try it, as soon as I get my sensor cable from Bradley.
BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl