Skinless bonless turkey breast

Started by OU812, September 08, 2009, 04:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Made up some dinner using a simple recipe that seemore gave me turned out great but next time i will add more thyme. I no cant leave well enough alone
First the breast with the seasonings

Next after 12 hr cure time

Now after the rinse, rinse it again and when you think your done rinse again then on the drying rack with a fan blowing gently on them for at least an hr or till the meat is dry and sticky

Here they are after 2 hr Alder with the smoker temp of 205 F pulled off when the IT hit 160 F Took about 3 hr start to finish

Dinner time, almost forgot to take pictures I was half done when i remembered

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Dang!  That is our favorite 'white' meat cut of choice...   What was the recipe if you don't mind me asking?

mikecorn.1

C'mon now, post the recipe. I will tell you if its really simple or not.  ;D
Mike

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Got this from seemore, the breast's went faster than i thought thats why mine was 160 F 140 F would have ben perfect.

3lb turkey breast boneless
1/2 cup coarse salt
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
prep.
pat dry mix ingredients over breast place in glass tray overnight .
remove from tray rinse well soak in fresh cold water for an hr and pat dry.let stand 1-2 hours with a fan blowing gently on them pre heat smoker 220 oil the racks cook meat 2-5 hours till instant probe  reads 140 F

FLB
They were not dry, could have ben a little more moist but I did over cook them a little, they cooked faster than I expected and i was preoccupied  ::)

squirtthecat

Thanks!   I need to give that a try..   I will just have to be careful about where to leave them standing for 2 hours. (w/ two new furry carnivores in the house)

FLBentRider

Quote from: OU812 on September 09, 2009, 12:52:05 PM
They were not dry, could have ben a little more moist but I did over cook them a little, they cooked faster than I expected and i was preoccupied  ::)

I know how that works...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!