Killer Shrimp

Started by carnie1, September 09, 2009, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnie1

There are a few places around here that serve this so I googled it and found a few recipes for this, But I couldn't leave it alone, I had to add clams, crawfish and crab to it. It was very tasty and you can find the recipe here http://steamykitchen.com/80-killer-cajun-shrimp.html

pensrock

Carnie1, how you doing? Have not seen you in here for a while, must be busy working.
pens

The shrimp recipe sounds really good and easy to make. I will be trying it out.
It doesn't seem like it would be very spicy only using 1T of pepper flakes.
Have you made this? Is it spicy? I guess I can make it as is then next time make some adjustments if needed.
I bet it would be great served over rice, so the rice can catch some of the juice.

Hopefull Romantic

Pebnsrock,

I agree with you that it may not be that hot. I will try this over this weekend and I will report. I am thinking of adding about 1/2 TBS Cayenne.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pensrock

Thanks HR, yea cayenne will kick it up and maybe even some chipotle powder thrown in for good measure.  ;D

I'll be looking for your report, its sounds real good.
pens

NePaSmoKer

There is a resturant called Platzs that has killer shrimp. Carnie knows of it cuz we are neighbors  ;D

http://www.platzs.com

nepas

carnie1

Pens, I'm doing good, work winding down now, broth is not super hot but tasteful hot, I amazed myself by not adding any hot sauce to it and it was very tasty but there is always next time.

classicrockgriller

Looks like a good thing to do for fall after weather cools down abit. thanks

pensrock

Quote from: carnie1 on September 10, 2009, 06:17:58 PM
Pens, I'm doing good, work winding down now, broth is not super hot but tasteful hot, I amazed myself by not adding any hot sauce to it and it was very tasty but there is always next time.

You will be heading south pretty soon then? Glad to hear things are going well. Take care.