• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

what about rain

Started by sterlingpriceporker, September 10, 2009, 08:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sterlingpriceporker

my new smoker arrives tomorrow, do i need to build a cover to protect the auto loader from the rain, I live in wahington State and it does rain here.
truly great men know the power of napping. I'm a great man.

squirtthecat

Yes.   Rain will mess it up good...

Here is my OBS' humble beginnings:

mikecorn.1

I difinetely would. I keep my tower covered outside but keep the electronics in my garage away from any remotely close to humidity. Just me. Sure others will come by with their own opinions. By the way, welcome to the fourm.
Mike

Hopefull Romantic

Hey there SPP and welcome to the fun.

I am with both members on this issue. Bradley has a cover that would protect your smoker with the smoke generator connected to it and it a bit longer than the tower and has a string on the bottom that you tighten to make sure it is all covered. Like some windbreakers.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

sterlingpriceporker

i got the cover, but when i'm using it do i need to be concerned about the rain. (sorry if this is a stupid question but as i said i haven't got the smoker yet, maybe when i look t it the answer will in easy to see. But if it needs cover to work i want to get the supplies tonight and do the construction.
truly great men know the power of napping. I'm a great man.

FLBentRider

You don't want it to get wet, running or not.

I have mine on my covered back screened patio.

I put the cover on when not in use.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Quote from: sterlingpriceporker on September 10, 2009, 08:25:01 AM
i got the cover, but when i'm using it do i need to be concerned about the rain. (sorry if this is a stupid question but as i said i haven't got the smoker yet, maybe when i look t it the answer will in easy to see. But if it needs cover to work i want to get the supplies tonight and do the construction.

The Bradley cover is for storage. (as in - not running)  Otherwise you'll have a melted mess/fire in short time.

I have mine in a $99 Suncast tool cabinet now.   Works great, wind, rain or shine.  (just crack the doors open to let the smoke out)

ArnieM

Welcome SBP.  I use the Bradley cover for storage.  But, I'm facing possible rain for my weekend smoke.  I'll probably move the OBS from the deck to my covered but open front porch.  Or, maybe the garage - Hmmmm, smoked Audi  :(

I'm going to look into the Suncast tool cabinet or something similar.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.