BigJohnT

That one is going on my menu  ;D

John

OU812

Just playing catch up here, ben gone for a week

That looks and sounds great never thought about putting parslay in salsa

Going to have to give this a try when my tomatoes and penos get ripe

Roadking

Let's see  :-\, if I remember well I've seen and tasted that salsa once before. And if I remember well that salsa is called "Aunty Nepas's Salsa"  ;D

http://www.thebrunofamilysite.com/smoke_house/recipes/other/nepas_salsa.htm   :D

La Quinta

Ok...sorry...been gone a while...made a pie with the limes!! HOLY CRAP...DELICIOUS...(I don't even care for limes) but it was really good...gotta couple left...gonna do NePa salsa...got lemons and oranges coming...and Mexican key limes...like hundreds on the tree...eekkk.... ;D

Hopefull Romantic

You had me drooling till you added the parsley; the only thing in life I am allergic to.

Great looking salsa nevertheless. Will try it without the parsley.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

Quote from: La Quinta on August 13, 2009, 10:23:14 PM
..and Mexican key limes...like hundreds on the tree...eekkk.... ;D
Man, I guess living in that hot place does pay off at times.  Hundreds of key limes - great deal.  i love to cook with them things - I like the flavor better!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

BigJohnT

I can't believe how good this is. I smoked some Nepas jerky today and made this salsa. This is flavor kingdom here. I've never had salsa this good before and It Gets Better Tomorrow! My only question is on the tomatillos. I've never used them before. Do you use the whole thing or do you cut out most of the white part in the center? My wife said "your making twice the jerky next weekend!" Awesome recipes Nepas.

Thanks
John

Caneyscud

John,

After removing the husk, I will usually take the tip of the paring knife and "cone" out the stem scar.  Typically, then use all that is rest - no cutting out the "white" part .
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

When i make this i take the tomatillos wash em with the outer skin on, take em to the grill and roast em until the skin gets burnt. Then i cut the stem and end off, cut in half and put in with the rest to get blended or food processor, use the whole tomatillo.

nepas

BigJohnT

Thanks, I'll try the grill method next time.

John

ArnieM

That really looks good.  I've never done mine with the regular parsley or tomatillos.  I'm going to have to try this.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.