Grandpas Snack sticks

Started by marauder11, October 26, 2009, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder11

when i was younger (i am 28 so like 20 years ago) my grandfather made a sausage type stick that was the best thing since sliced bread. As most families nobody knows how to make these. My grandmother might be able to give me a couple ingriedents. I am wondering if anybody has made anything that was   chewy and moist like a pepperoni. That is all i can remember about them and would like to make a similar stick.

Beerbrewer

Might that be Kabanosy? Dried polish sausage made with pork? Love it. Can't keep enough in my house.
"They always talk of my drinking, but not of my thirst"

marauder11

Ok  had supper with grandma. She says beef and pork, salt and pepper, garlic in hot water then water used for sausage prep. that is it can not remember the rest. Not sure if it was smoked.

HawkeyeSmokes

I feel for ya mauauder. It stinks when a family recipe is gone and no one rembers how to to it. Lot's of memories of good eats as a young pup! But no one saved them.  :'(
HawkeyeSmokes

smokeitall

If any of your grandfather's old paperwork or books are still around it might be worth looking through it.  My grandpa always wrote everything down, of course not in any order or in any way organized, but you never know what you'll run across.  Good luck, I hope you can come up with something.
SIA