• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Texas Deer Stand

Started by classicrockgriller, September 28, 2009, 08:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Ok, this one will make you chuckle. The only deer I ever shot because I usually hunt moose, was a nice 8 point buck. I was hunting with my dad his best friend and My best friend and my uncle. We had drove from camp to where we were to hunt and dropped people of here and there as they decided what looked good to them. Well as I was driving, that made me the last guy to get out. I drove to the point where the snow stopped me from going any further. I got out of the truck got my gun and gear all ready for a real long day in the bush because I was going to make sure those other buttheads stay out as long as possible. Hehe I'm so evil. Well I walked about 50 feet from the truck looking for a easy trail to head of into the bush when I happen to turn around and look at the truck and what should walk over the little knoll just behind the truck. Well I couldn't believe my eyes so I had to take a double look. As slowly as I could I got my gun off of my shoulder and eased it up. Think this was going to be good, I will get the first deer and win the $400 dollar bet we had going for the first deer, I slowly start to take aim. Oh did I mention that I was standing on a patch of snow. Well just as I was about to squeeze the trigger  my feet slipped out from under me and down I went.My feet slipped so quickly that I literally got airborne before I hit the ground. I landed so hard that it knocked the wind out of me that I couldn't breath or stand up or even move for about 10 minutes. The thing is that when I hit the ground my gun went of and I didn't even realize it till I got up cussing and swearing because I just blew the best chance a guy could get. So I dusted my self of, caught my breath and walked back to the truck to have a couple of good shots of cherry whisky before I head for the bush. When I walked around the p/u to take a leak there was the deer laying right next to the truck. This thing took a fatal shot and dropped in its tracks. It was also standing on a patch of snow so that when it fell down it slide right up to the p/u. It was laying with it's butt up the hill neck stretched out over a little bump of snow and not 5 feet away from a little creek that I hadn't even noticed. I walked over to it, bleed it out, gutted and cleaned it  and my self all up. I had my engine crane on the bumper because I had to stop on the away home from hunting to lift the motor out of my brothers car for him, so a couple of quick loops around the body and legs and this thing was loaded in about an hour and a half. It was still only 8:30 so I headed back to where I was to start picking people up to head back for lunch and by the time the first guy showed up I was in no shape to drive. I had pulled the tonneau cover back over the box and as we picked up the last guy I started to tell them what happened but nobody believed me because I was drunk. So when we got back to camp I headed to the back of the truck and they are all saying stuff like how far are you going to take this charade and that I was full of crap, but when I pulled my cheese clothe bag out with the heart in it they were flabbergasted.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

That is a great story, one to remember and one to tell your grandkids.   CRG

OU812