Hot Wing Recipe/Cooking Methods

Started by Husker #13, December 10, 2009, 09:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husker #13

I haven't been there either. Guy's had 3-4 other restaurants from Omaha on there as well. Too many good restaurants here I guess because I haven't been to any of them yet. Tried to stop by Amato's (featured on Diners as well) a few weeks ago, but it was an hour+ wait on a Sunday morning. The Italian sausage sandwhich looked amazing on the show. Had our kids with us, but we weren't able to wait.

Where are you from in Canada? My Omaha sales rep is from Canada and played hockey here for our Division 1 college team in the CCHA. He's originally from the Edmonton area. Major snow storm and frigid temps here this week. Feels like I'm in Canada with you this week:)

How does the DBS work in the frigid temps? My PID just arrived today. The 3 times that I've used the smoker, it was 40 degrees+ out. Single digit temps this week, but warming up tomorrow.

Thanks again for everyone's recipes and advice. Go Big Red to my fellow Husker poster!

Quarlow

I am from a suburb of Vancouver B.C. called Surrey. It's the place that everybody likes to make fun of. You know:

What do Surrey Girls use for protection during sex?

A bus shelter.  

What do you call a Surrey girl with a dollar bill on top of her head?

All you can eat under a buck.

What is a Surrey girls motto?

First time regular price, after that, 5 bucks, 5 bucks, 5 bucks

What does a Surrey kid get for christmas?

A Delta kids bike.( Delta is another suburb right next to Surrey)
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

OU812

Quote from: Husker 13 on December 11, 2009, 02:24:30 PM

How does the DBS work in the frigid temps? My PID just arrived today. The 3 times that I've used the smoker, it was 40 degrees+ out. Single digit temps this week, but warming up tomorrow.

Thanks again for everyone's recipes and advice. Go Big Red to my fellow Husker poster!

I have used mine many times in the winter and it does hold its temp very well, it will take quite a bit longer to get back up to temp once you load it but once there its good to go. The main thing is to keep it out of the wind. I would put in in my shed and crack the door open to let the smoke out then close up shop and let it cook. Now I have an exhaust hood for it and dont have to open any doors, works great.

Goooooooo    Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig    Reeeeeeeed