Worlds Best Grilled Salmon Recipe

Started by dbrown1, October 01, 2009, 09:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

Quote from: dbrown1 on October 03, 2009, 02:57:26 AM
CB I hear ya, savor the flavor... I guess after living in Alaska my whole life eating salmon at least twice a week every week I just need a little variety  ;D . This recipe is out of this world it is sort of an asian influence to salmon. If you ever get tired of eating your salmon "plain" give this a try.

I certainly understand and appreciate  CB's taste.... DB1 has given an excellent response....anyone reading this thread must recognize that us Alaskans are not only blessed with tasty critters, we can also be, well, a bit eccentric in our tastes...we even have a fellow up here that has actually made a living off of promoting Spam! ( http://flybynightclub.com/ )  I've savored "cooked-on-the-beach-over-a-campfire-grill-with-salt-and-pepper" salmon and gorged on superb salmon slathered in spicy "stuff" and can only say that in my own taste experience, variety is indeed the spice of life!!  ;)

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Kummok on October 03, 2009, 11:48:36 AM

we can also be, well, a bit eccentric in our tastes...
[/quote]

Kummok, I am reminded of a quote by Bertrand Russel:

" Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Kummok

Your "reminded" reminds me of a quote by Oscar Wilde (and I HATE to quote Oscar Wilde!!  :'(  ...but it's appropriate here  ;)  )  "I have the simplest of tastes. I'm always satisfied with the best."   ;)

Hopefull Romantic

I hate to quote Oscar Wilde too but your quote is excellent.

Do you mind me quoting you quoting him?

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Kummok

I think I'm starting to lose track?!?!?   ;)

OU812

eating salmon at least twice a week every week I just need a little variety  ;D 

I wish I had that dilemma.  ;D

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on October 05, 2009, 05:42:26 AM

Ditto.   We can eat it twice a week, but it is usually that farmed chit from South America, and very expensive..

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 05, 2009, 05:51:56 AM
Quote from: OU812 on October 05, 2009, 05:42:26 AM

Ditto.   We can eat it twice a week, but it is usually that farmed chit from South America, and very expensive..

Average 8.99 per lb here, fresh form the meat dept, they say its fresh but being thousands of miles form any waters that hold salmon how fresh can it be.

dbrown1

Well let me see what my haul looks like next year and then we can "Talk" .
Remind me around mid July  ;D