I need help Urgent

Started by Hopefull Romantic, September 30, 2009, 08:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

I said before that I have purchased a whole side of pork from the ribs to the front leg and I am about to go to butcher to have it cut up for tomorrows dinner. So I tried to check out the recipe site for the 3 - 2- 1 recipe and could not get through for reasons discussed in a different thread. I have downloaded the new recipes, but it seems that some thing went worg and now I cant open either one.I will unistall both and redownload the new one later.

But now I need help for the recipe as I have 9 people over for dinner tomorrow. If any one should have it I would very much appreciate sending it to me. I need times and temps and the dry rub recipe as well. I promise I will post pictures.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Mr Walleye

HR

Here is 10.5's original post on his ribs from the forum here. Hopr this helps...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

HR, the 3-2-1 is more of a method than a recipe.   3 hrs of smoke @225....2 hrs of foiled,no smoke.....1 hr unwrappped(sauce if you want)....10.5 uses hickory.
take your ribs, remove membrane..rub with seasoning...wrap and fridge it for 3 hrs.

classicrockgriller

ExpatCanadian

Not to dampen your spirits or anything...  but I hope you're cooking more than the ribs from the wee beasty for your 9 people tomorrow, as you won't get enough ribs for anywhere near that from a single side of pork!  :)

Now...  cooking the ribs, loin and butt would be a different story!  Looking forward to the pics!

Tenpoint5

HR,
Mike has you hooked up. Just an FYI the recipe site is back up and running.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 30, 2009, 09:39:35 AM
HR,
Mike has you hooked up. Just an FYI the recipe site is back up and running.

Thank you very much. I checked it right before I posted and it was not working. It must have right after I did.
Quote from: ExpatCanadian on September 30, 2009, 08:53:49 AM
Not to dampen your spirits or anything...  but I hope you're cooking more than the ribs from the wee beasty for your 9 people tomorrow, as you won't get enough ribs for anywhere near that from a single side of pork!  :)

Now...  cooking the ribs, loin and butt would be a different story!  Looking forward to the pics!
Thanks expat but there will be at least 5 people who dont eat pork. The menu will also have salmon and ABT and possibly chicken. I am trying to impress my old school buddies.

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 30, 2009, 08:46:46 AM
HR

Here is 10.5's original post on his ribs from the forum here. Hopr this helps...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.0

Mike

Thanks Mike. I must have looked really stupid but I checked the site right before posting. It was still our over order telling me that some limit was exceeded.

BTW, as I mentioned, I have the full side of a pig and what I can see is all the way from the ribs to half the front leg. Sorry to sound ignorant, but what parts of the pig are there. Is the pork butt the shoulder? ???

Hady

Mr Walleye

Hady

Here is a link to a site that has some information and diagrams for you. The rest of the site has some great info too.

http://www.askthemeatman.com/hog_cuts_interactive_chart.htm

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Hopefull Romantic

Hey Mike and thank you very much for your help.

I dropped the pork off at the butcher and it will be ready in a couple of hours as it still needed defrosting. Thanks to the link you sent me, I was able to know now that I will have spare ribs, shoulder butt, picnic shoulder, side and loin. Now that the number of guests increased from 9 to 12. I think I will most likely will do the picnic and the but as well and figure out later what to do with the rest.

Thanks again

Hady

ExpatCanadian

[/quote]
Thanks expat but there will be at least 5 people who dont eat pork. The menu will also have salmon and ABT and possibly chicken. I am trying to impress my old school buddies.
[/quote]

Wow...  lucky buddies...  they will definately be impressed.  Good luck...  and well done for taking the plunge and buying "bulk"....  with a bit of research you can tell your butcher exactly how you want it cut...  and in future, maybe even do it yourself.  I just took a pork butchery course a couple weeks ago.  Not exactly designed to make me a butcher, but it sure taught me a lot and has given me a basis to take it further later on....

squirtthecat

Hey HR, how did this turn out?

Caneyscud

Yes, the huddled masses want to know!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 02, 2009, 06:39:53 AM

Hey HR, how did this turn out?

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 02, 2009, 06:43:34 AM
Yes, the huddled masses want to know!

It turned out great. I am going to be posting pictures this evening. It was a long night last night and by the end of the evening (3 AM) I discovered that I had 3/4 of my one liter JD and woke up at 2 PM to go to a lunch.

HR

OU812

Drinking 3/4 of a liter would be a good buz  ;D