WARNING !!

Started by dbrown1, October 01, 2009, 06:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

So I have recently learned that if you work with wise a$$e$ the last thing you want to do is talk about how you have to "FLEX" your meat, or that you can't wait to smoke yer "BUTT" and "PULL" yer Pork !! Geesh can't a guy get a break HAHA oh well keeps work interesting... ;D

classicrockgriller

HawkeyeSmokes

Not in this day and age. You have to be politically correct, Lest you offend someone!!!
HawkeyeSmokes

dbrown1

Basically I am saying that I was excited about my brisket started talking about how I have to let it sit in the fridge and flex it once a day, that turned into a constant barrage of wise arse comments..

squirtthecat

Quote from: dbrown1 on October 01, 2009, 07:08:08 PM
Basically I am saying that I was excited about my brisket started talking about how I have to let it sit in the fridge and flex it once a day, that turned into a constant barrage of wise arse comments..

Oh, I've had the same W/A conversations..

Whatcha doing tonight?

Gonna have a few beers and soak my pastrami...
Gonna play with some different spices on my meat..
Gonna rub my butt down a bit..

It never ends.

classicrockgriller

Ahhhhhhhh ieeee, I get cha now. I don't work so I only have to put up with my wife w/a remarks. I guess, rofl, where that could be a problem.

FLBentRider

I _used_ to put up with that at the office.

Then I brought in some pork butts, and gave away a little pastrami.

Now the jokes have stopped and they ask what is going in the smoker next!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

I'm normally the wa at work.  ;D ;D

justpete

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 01, 2009, 07:13:30 PM
Quote from: dbrown1 on October 01, 2009, 07:08:08 PM

Oh, I've had the same W/A conversations..

Whatcha doing tonight?

Gonna have a few beers and soak my pastrami...
Gonna play with some different spices on my meat..
Gonna rub my butt down a bit..

It never ends.

Don't forget smoking a fatty. ;D

Peter

squirtthecat

Yeah, THAT would attract some attention around here.. 

Every Friday now, people ask me "what's smokin' this weekend??"   Followed by "can you bring in leftovers???".

The office cafeteria lady is now planning her menus a week in advance, based one what I want to experiment with. (and what is going for < $1 a pound at the store)

She pays for the meat, and I get quite a few free lunches/compliments out of it..   Nice arrangement.  :D

dbrown1

That is my hope, bring in the leftover brisket and watch the w/a comments come to an abrupt halt.. its all in good fun but you just shouldn't make fun of an addict  ;D It's just not nice LOL. Hey squirt that sounds like a great arrangement...wish we had a lunch lady  ;)

Hopefull Romantic

Hey guys that is all sticks and stones.

Those W/As dont know what they are missing.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.