• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Trip to Sam's!

Started by KyNola, October 03, 2009, 03:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Saturday afternoon, time for a trip to Sam's.  Whole pork loin for canadian bacon and pork for gumbo, ox tails, salmon for cold smoked lox, corned beef brisket for pastrami.  Fresh pizza to go on the Traeger tomorrow.

CRG, if you have not done a pizza on the Traeger you have got to do one.  Buy a frozen pizza, roll smoke on it for just a bit and then ramp the temp up to whatever the box says to finish.  OMG!!!!

Doing a fresh non-frozen tomorrow.  YUM. 

BTW, tip for reheating leftover pizza.  Reheat it in a skillet on top of the stove.  It will crisp up the crust just like it was fresh.  Not soggy like microwave.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Have not done that (pizza), If I did.....what would my wife cook? rotf

She may let me do a non frozen if I let her make it up and place it on the grill.

Post me a pic of the pizzas. Thanks   CRG

oakville smoker

I have gone the whole 9 yards, made the dough, smoked the cheese, second smoked the peperoni.
Put on  the grill.  Amazing.  No wonder i have trouble getting my pants done up
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

KN, Got me a frozen pizza and I am awaiting your instructions.   CRG

KyNola

CRG,
Take the frozen pizza and place directly on the grill.  Run it on "smoke" setting 20-25 minutes and then ramp the temp up to whatever the cooking instructions on the box are and follow the instructions.

Presto!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

OK, doing it right now..............Thanks   CRG

joerom

I love pizza,so I will have to try it.Walmart has the fresh pizza's,are they any better than the frozen on the grill?
                                        Joe.

classicrockgriller

OK KN,

frozen pizza with smoke pork fajita added, some bacon wrapped Italian m/b's, frozen jala w/ cream cheese.

You think it was good?

HawkeyeSmokes

Dang you CRG, That looks good!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

LOL....It ...WAS...good.

Now wifie says she'll get the pizza bread out That I go to the store to buy and Put cheese and the meat I have smoked and I can smoke it for her. Geez

KyNola

heh heh heh. SCORE!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

KN, it was actually good. I did a thin crust and wish I would have taken it off just a bit earlier. I'm thinkin those big 1/2 loaf pizza's might work good.
the breaded jala's took on some smoke too. wifie two boys and myself had no left overs.

Hopefull Romantic

Excellant CRG. I enjoyed looking at yout food pix. But I bet the food tasted even better.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

Hey KY - you ever do anything with those oxtails? 

Gotta love those Sam's pizza.  Wish my Traeger wasn't a secret - I'd like to have a smoke cooked pizza tonight! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KyNola

CS,
Not yet.  My wife has a great recipe for osso bucco that she will be using those oxtails in.  Braised in aromatics, red wine and tomato paste.  Fork tender.

KyNola