Howdy from Arizona

Started by KevinG, October 08, 2009, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

My daughter lived in Tucson for a while.  My strategy for a visit was to tie a 30 foot rope to a sonic drive inn. I could finish my route 44 in less than 30 feet and then used the rope to bring my dehydrated delerous body back for the next one.   :P  :'(

Next strategy was they come to CA to visit.  8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Quarlow

Hey KevinG, I agree with you that cutting it up is probably not the best, but then again I think I will make my blocks a little smaller. I had 1"x4"x8" and next time I will go with 1"x3"x6". I will smoke for 2 hrs again. I am going to try Maple or pecan as it is a bit stronger than apple even though one of my fav store boughts is done with apple. And 5 days is not long enough. 14 days is really minimum. I suspect with yours cut in little cubes like it was you would not want 2 hrs of smoke. 1 hr is probably even to much for that size.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

I did have another concern. I wasn't sure if I should vacuum pack the cheese after smoking to sit or if I should just keep them loosely wrapped. I'm beginning to think that the vacuum pack that I did actually made the smoke taste stronger also by trapping in.

Kevin
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

I don't have a vac sealer yet - coming next week.  But, I'd certainly vac seal the cheese.  Currently, I triple wrap it in plastic getting out all of the air possible.  Last comes the "Don't eat before date".  Then, I put it in the fridge and try to forget about it - difficult.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.