Pistacio Ambrosia

Started by classicrockgriller, October 12, 2009, 03:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

This is a very tastee lite fruity salad. The recipe is also called "Watergate Salad"
I got it from "Hints of Heloise"

Pistacio Ambrosia

Ingredients:
  1 16oz can of chunky pineapple
  1 8oz can of crushed pineapple
  1 small box of instant pistachio pudding mix
  1 cup shredded coconut
  1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
  12 to 16 ozs nondairy whipped topping ie Coolwhip thawed
  1 cup miniature marshmallows
Use the pineapple in Natural juice.

Combine the cans of pineapple with juice in a medium to large bowl. Sprinkle the pudding over the pineapple and let set for a few minutes. Stir and let set few minutes more.

Gently fold in the coconut and nuts, and then blend in the whipped topping and marshmallows.

Place in refridgerator for at least two hours before serving. Give it a small stir before serving.

The variation I use is for the 160z can I use crushed and the 8oz i use tidbits (all in natural juices)
Also I have made this into a coconut ambrosia , but you have to use two small boxes of coconut
cream instant pudding or 1 large box.

This is a great Holiday treat.

Hopefull Romantic

Hey CRG, I think you overlooked one more ingredient; hidden microphones  :D :D :D

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

We just call it the "green stuff"!  The recipe came from my family and does not include coconut, but does include more walnuts.  We also make one we call "Pearl's orange stuff".  Recipe from my wife's mom, but uses mandarin orange and orange jello.  Thankfully, we use the recipe from when she was younger.  The last couple of years she was able to live by herself we would find her adding hot dogs, cheerios, carrots and other what-not to it!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

Ahhh, the cherrio, hotdog, carrot ambrosia

Quarlow

This recipe needs some green grapes and some cherries. But I am going to make this for sure.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

What's not to like. I like all the ingredients but my doc would not care for me eating it.  :)

rdevous

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 13, 2009, 09:43:01 AM
Ahhh, the cherrio, hotdog, carrot ambrosia

....don't forget the black olives and 'penos......man where's your head???.....almost ruined the recipe!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

MrsHoss

My family has always called this pistachio pudding and it is one of my favorites.  Thanksgiving table just isn't complete without a big bowl of this stuff. :D :D :D

classicrockgriller

It is very good and quick and easy to fix.

seemore

CRG, I love Watergate Salad!!!!!  I did not know it had an "official" name, though, as Pistacio Ambrosia!
Now, I am craving it!  It has been a long time since I have had some of this wonderful mix!
Mrs