Jerky, Salami's and Beer Sticks

Started by Gamefish, July 25, 2009, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamefish

Well I got my self a new toy and thought i might as well put it to the test, and in reality this thing is the bee's knee's in filling salami's, making jerky and beer sticks, basically fill the meat in the tube, plug the hose in and turn it on slowly, now remember if you are going to get the wife to help you, be sure to explain what is on and what is off  ::)

But here goes, started with home made jerky!

Then came the beer stick attachment

and here's the finished result's before smoking

Now at this point i had been advised to try some smoking nets which i got from Dunnighams
which apparently don't dry out the meat

And then came the salami's, I managed to fill 15 in an hour, not bad for a first timer

And after all that Saturday was a huge day but the results were fantastic

Home made Jerky using beef mince, pork mince and bacon  :)

You gotta love technology sometimes ;D

Habanero Smoker

Nice sausage and jerky.

I have to agree, when making larger batches the Dakotah Water Stuffer is great. Good idea about the quick connect for the hoses. I would have never thought of using those.

You may already know this: it is easier to adjust the flow of sausage by adjusting the water outlet valve, than trying to adjust the intake flow.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gamefish

Thanks Habanero, learnt that one pretty qiuck :o, tell the wife that on is off and off is on and it works much better ;), but these things are a great tool for doing salami's and the like, salami's came out brilliant ;)

Tenpoint5

Some great looking Snack Stuff Gamefish
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Still playing catch up was gone for a week and missed a bunch of good stuff

Those salami, sticks and jerky looks great

Nice color and texture on the salami

mikecorn.1

Man, that jerky and salami look delish. Not quite there yet for me. Dont have the time and resources to do things like that. Happy that i can do pork butts, ribs and chicken, along with appetizers.  :)  Maybe one day.  :'(
Mike

willy56

Just started on this site and saw this post.

Can someone tell me about this stuffer and where it can be had.

Thanks

Will

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: willy56 on October 11, 2009, 05:23:12 PM
Just started on this site and saw this post.

Can someone tell me about this stuffer and where it can be had.

Thanks

Will

Here's a link to their website Will. http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/
It's had some pretty good reviews from members here.

Welcome to the forum!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

NePaSmoKer

Nicely done there GF

In an earlier post i mentioned i had one of the first Dakotah stuffers, leaked like a seive. I think Eldon and his wife have them working pretty good now. Maybe i need to invest in another.

nepas

Gamefish

Hey Nepas

Certainly i think they have done alot of work, these new units work great ;D, i would certainly recommend if you have a few to do

It's just coming into spring down here, waiting for the fishing action to start ;)

Habanero Smoker

I've had one for three years, but only use in on occasions when I am making large batches of the same type of sausage. Once you get the technique down, it extrudes sausage at any flow you want. I've never had a leakage problem. The parts clean easily, the only down side that I've come across is the lack of tube sizes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

lophole

I have used this for 8 yrs. I cut the 2 dividers between the three outlets on the beerstick insert to make an extrusion that can be cut into square burgers  or be cut longer so they fit the Bradley trays and also the same fit the wide foodsaver bags.
lophole