Kiebasa Sausage (with picture)

Started by muzzletim, October 13, 2009, 05:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzzletim

After reading about Big John and his Kiebasa I got hungry so whipped up a batch it came out great!! Picture shows it in full bloom!

Tim

NePaSmoKer

FLBentRider

That is some mighty fine looking sausage there!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smokeitall

Wow that looks fantastic and its not 1:30 am like John's ;D ;D
SIA

muzzletim

I did mine the night before then put in refrigerator with a paper towel in between each one. I forget which post suggested it, boy did that work great!

Got up early and put them in and smoked for 3 hours and left in the smoker til I had a internal temp of 135 then steamed them up to 151. done before noon.

I 've been down John's route, this way is much more fun!!

Tim
Tim

pensrock

Looks great and yes the paper towels help a lot.

Tenpoint5

Looks great better send one to Nepas and myself for quality control.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

JDNC

Great looking sausage!  I noticed there is no wrinkles or shrinkage. Do you contribute this to the steaming?  I can never get sausage with that smooth surface.  I mean..great looking sausage!

JD

Hopefull Romantic

Real nice sausages. Got to try thenm some time

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

BigJohnT

Tim,

Now I have a goal to work for. They look real nice.

John

muzzletim

Tenpoint - I am humbled that you would want to be my quality control person, but my to sons have already took 4 each so I think i only got a couple left!!!! :D :D

JD - No wrinkles come from a number of things for me. Number one is to stuff the casing to the maximum, but when you do this you have the occasional explosion (casing breaks) and have to start over on the ring. Second is to cool them in Ice water immediately when you take them out of the steamer! I think maybe the steaming helps as the casing seems to shrink to the meat more, but I could be imagining that.
Tim

Roadking

Quote from: muzzletim on October 14, 2009, 08:09:44 AM

Second is to cool them in Ice water immediately when you take them out of the steamer!

Your Kiebasa looks fantastic!!  The ice water is the trick - you have to get the temperature down as fast as possible.

Again they look gre-e-e-a-a-t , nice job.

OU812

Tim thats some good looking sausage, I can almost taste it from way over here.

Got some in the fridge thawing out right now.

ArnieM

Gotta do it.  Gotta do it.  Gotta do it.  Can I have the little one  ??? ???
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Smokin Soon

They look great! How did you steam them?