• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky Calculator

Started by smokeitall, October 15, 2009, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

Made some jerky this weekend.  I had 3.2 lbs of meat.  Now for me one of the biggest problems is calculating all the spices when not having the whole amount of meat on a certain recipe, like Nepas jerky recipe that calls for 5lbs.  So I used the new JT recipe calculator.  Let me know what you think. 

http://suburb.semo.net/jet1024/recipes/soy-jerky/soy-jerky.html

SIA

muzzletim

SIA,

I have the same problem what a great idea! I will be trying it out next time! Thanks for posting!
Tim

BigJohnT

Glad you liked it Scott. Some of the other pages are like that too.

JT

classicrockgriller

Thanks both of you guys, That is cool.

OU812

That looks like the beginning of a pretty cool site John.

Where do you find the time ?

BigJohnT

I do it in the morning before I wake up  ;D

Thanks
John

OU812

Quote from: BigJohnT on October 15, 2009, 11:33:28 AM

Thanks
John

I'm driving to work when I'm doing that.  :D

Caneyscud

Uhhhhhh....uhhhhhhhh.....eeeeerrrrrrr.........uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm.....uuuuuhhhhh - No comment!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

BigJohnT

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 15, 2009, 12:58:28 PM

Uhhhhhh....uhhhhhhhh.....eeeeerrrrrrr.........uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm.....uuuuuhhhhh - No comment!

No Comment!  ::)

John

NePaSmoKer

SIA

TYVM for finding this tool. It will come in handy for the veteran and new jerky makers.

nepas

Quarlow

I agree this is pretty good. Of course it goes without saying that there is no hard and fast rule. Sometimes I just start throwing stuff together and taste it to see what it needs. then I just write it down so the next time I know what to change or what I liked.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

BigJohnT

It all started when I made a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of cure for jerky... Then I said why not all the ingredients? So I added them to my spreadsheet. Then I wanted to have the recipe available no matter where I was cause sometimes I'd save it to my thumb drive sometimes to my wife's laptop sometimes... well you get the picture. So the one central place was my web pages which I was giving a complete overhaul at the time. Then I figured out how to calculate it on the web page with a small embedded javascript.

Enjoy
John