White House Art

Started by Caneyscud, October 27, 2009, 12:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

A link to more of the Change in the White House.  Doesn't it make you proud to have a President with such grand taste in art?  Don't stop at the first three - I like them, continue on to 4 through 9.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/global/article6864317.ece?slideshowPopup=true&articleId=6864317&nSlide=1&sectionName=WorldUSAmericas
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ArnieM

Image 2 - looks like they're outnumbered.

Image 4 - Looks kinda like my drip tray.  Maybe I have something here.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

CS

If some of that is considered art, I am showing the Louvre my protfolio.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

HR - you might be rich and don't even know it yet!

Not that I'm good or anything, I haven't sold a watercolor in 4 years - but not that I try too hard.  I just got some back that had been hanging at a garden nursery for 3 years.  Actually forgot that they were there.  And I consider mine a lot better that those at the WH!  

Ka Honu

Can't complain about the historical artifacts.  Most of the rest of it makes refrigerators across America look good.

tsquared

I like the one of Booker T--he was a good educator. (It's what I do) Is number 9 a reflection of White house policy on 'stan?
T2

Hopefull Romantic

CS, I have to tell you this story. Back in  1987 or 88 I visited LA with a group of people I worked with in a non profit organisation. Walking around Beverly hills and specifically Rodeo Drive we came across this art gallery. The featured artist was a Russian called Tselcoff. I stood in front a painting of his that took me by surprise. The lady there notices my curiosity and walked up. The painting was for a disfigured man and a disfigured lady joined at the hip with a silhouette of a pair of sisours between them. I asked her what it meant, and the French lady told me it is what you make out of if. The people I was with laughed at it.

The moral of the story, if it was picked by Obama, Bush or Clinton... it does not make it art.

HR

Caneyscud

Yeh, I got some friends that make some great stuff - just can't sell it, and then something like this comes along all the time.  Disheartening for many  artists that try hard and put their heart into it.  

It was explained to me by one of those types of artists to big ole redneck me as he looked down his sickly, pale and crooked nose - that the "current, hip" definition of art was basically something that moved you.  Well I told him that laxatives moved me also, and that I did not buy either outcome as they both smelled the same and then walked off!  I'm sure he called me some names!   I had been saving that line for about 5 years until I was able to use it!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 27, 2009, 04:16:24 PM

Well I told him that laxatives moved me also, and that I did not buy either outcome as they both smelled the same and then walked off!  I'm sure he called me some names!   I had been saving that line for about 5 years until I was able to use it!

Well CS, I am going to call you a name. A man of integrity that is what you are.

HR