Carolina Treet and Chicken Wings?

Started by ArnieM, October 16, 2009, 08:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

First, I apologize for starting this thread here.  Chicken?  Yes.  But nothing got smoked.  It was a miserable cold, rainy Sunday.  But, I'll finish it off.

Menu:
- Chicken wings
- Cole slaw
- Mashed potatoes
- Assorted dip 'em yourself sauces.

I had two 4 pound bags of frozen and thawed chicken wings.  They leaked all over the fridge while thawing.  They come cut up with no tips and individually frozen.

Here they are, rinsed and draining.

I dried 'em off, laid 'em out and put on a sprinkle of chipotle powder; 'almost' naked.  This was two deep fryer loads.

Did another two loads.  Still have leftovers.  I think they get a little dried out in the oven on "Keep Warm".

I made the coleslaw using the recipe I posted here:  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11528.0

The mashed potatoes were a combo of russets, Yukon Gold, garlic, butter and buttermilk.

We had two bottled sauces including one my son-in-law brought back from the Anchor Bar as well as a sauce I made from CT and Frank's hot sauce.

CRG - The ingredients on the bottle from the Anchor Bar didn't match up too well with the ingredients in the sauce recipe from the Anchor Bar that you posted (thanks) in this thread.  I guess that's the difference between 'homemade' and 'production'.  But, the bottle was pretty good.

Of course we also had a quality bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Everyone was happy.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Mmmmm wings

Nice job on the wings, I got a 5 lb bag in the freezer right now been trying to get the time to do something with them, maybe next week.

KyNola

I have a buddy with 20 pounds frozen.  He told me "if you'll smoke 'em, I'll provide 'em".  DEAL! :o

KyNola

ArnieM

Quote from: KyNola on October 19, 2009, 12:24:16 PM
I have a buddy with 20 pounds frozen.  He told me "if you'll smoke 'em, I'll provide 'em".  DEAL! :o

KyNola

That sounds like a GOOD deal Ky  ;D  Can you put all 20 pounds in an OBS or are you going to use some other smoker?
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

What were the ingredients on the bottle?

I would like to know for my info, thanks.

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 19, 2009, 02:41:42 PM
What were the ingredients on the bottle?

I would like to know for my info, thanks.

No problem.  I'll get 'em this week CRG.  They took the bottle home  :(  But, there was none of that margarine stuff in there.
-- Arnie