Rescue my cheese

Started by KevinG, October 17, 2009, 11:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

So far so good, the outside temp climbed up to 99 degrees, the smoker is still keeping somewhat cold at 66 degrees. 11 more minutes and I'm home free!

Kevin
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

HawkeyeSmokes

I sounds like you made it work Kevin. Keep us posted.
HawkeyeSmokes

KevinG

I don't believe it. The stinking smoke Gods must be against me today. Another lousy power failure - less than 11 minutes and the power crapped out again. THANKS SRP!!!

Good thing it wasn't a refrigeration process.

I'll be pulling the cheese shortly.

Kevin

classicrockgriller

Kevin, I'm beginning to think If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck.

You will probably be ok.

KevinG

Hooray, Yippee, WaHooo, it's finally done, pulled out, vacuum sealed, labled, and stuck in the back of my refrigerator. I don't expect to eat it until at least November 2nd. Thanks for all the help everyone!!! (Except you SRP!!!!!!)

Kevin

KevinG

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on October 17, 2009, 11:37:54 AM
Waiting until the sun goes down might be a good idea. From what I remember about living there, this time of year it cools off pretty good at night. I've got the DBS to and plan on getting a couple of plugs to make up a longer sensor wire. Should make it a lot easier to use the cold smoke setup. Just smoked my first cheese yesterday so the waiting begins.  ::)
Are those plugs just any off the shelf type. I think I want to try something like that to make it easier in the future.

HawkeyeSmokes

You should be able to get them at Radio Shack. I am just going to take my cord with me when I go and match it up, add some wire and should be good to go. Here's a link from the FAQ's. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=774&postcount=17
HawkeyeSmokes

KevinG

Mr Walleye

Here's a link to the plugs from Radio Shack. The plug dimentions are 5.5mm O.D.x2.1mm I.D.
It's refered to as a Type M, DC Plug.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103614

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KevinG

Interesting, the part number on the website is 274-1569. I wonder if they recently changed it.

HawkeyeSmokes

They might have Kevin. It's a pretty common DC power supply plug so they should have it.
HawkeyeSmokes

KevinG

The results are in and the general consensus is MUCH BETTER THAN LAST TIME!!!! The cheese was a success, it all disappeared. Thanks all for the much needed help!

pensrock

Glad to hear it came out better this time.  :)

HawkeyeSmokes

Glad to hear it was good Kevin! Now start planning to do more when your weather cools off.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

KevinG

Is that similar to saying when H E double hockey sticks freezes over?