Why is my dryer thumping?

Started by car54, October 17, 2009, 12:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

Probably because I just washed my cell phone.

Brad

HawkeyeSmokes

That sucks Brad. The girlfriend did that to hers and it was DOA! Hope you have better luck.
HawkeyeSmokes

KevinG

Not that I'm happy you did it, but thanks for the extra business. We need the money right now, cell phone business is in the tank!

Kevin
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

I broke my cell about two weeks ago which requires a 3 hr drive to get another and kept putting it off. First couple of days I had the shakes (cell phone withdrawals) and then I kinda enjoyed it. Then my wife makes the drive and surprises me with a new phone so now I am ridin the phone train again.

pensrock

I can say that would never happen to me. I do not own one and have no plans to ever get one. Can you tell..... I Hate phones!!!  ;D

classicrockgriller

Well with me not going to work and son at work needing to ask a question it is the lesser of two evils.

I use to hate them but I love them now. Now I hate work.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 17, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I broke my cell about two weeks ago which requires a 3 hr drive to get another and kept putting it off. First couple of days I had the shakes (cell phone withdrawals) and then I kinda enjoyed it. Then my wife makes the drive and surprises me with a new phone so now I am ridin the phone train again.

Surprises you CRG how could that slip past you. It ain't no surprise, it was premeditated; the Mrs. just want to keep you on a tight leach.  :D

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

car54

After 3 days of drying out my cell phone it still works even after going through a full wash and dry cycle. I was not expecting that.

Brad

classicrockgriller

Brad, i got one wet one time, went thru the dry-out, it worked for about a week. Hope you have better luck than me.

HawkeyeSmokes

Hope it keeps working for you Brad. What brand was it just because it's about time for me to get a new one!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Caneyscud

I guess they like washer water better than river water - X2 unfortunately.  Oh, well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!  Just the cost of doing.......errr......ummmm........uuuhhhh.......business - yeh business!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

standles

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: standles on October 20, 2009, 11:50:34 PM
Let the cat out

You may joke about this...  but this happened to me last week!!  The dryer was running....  phone rang so I pulled the door open to stop it while I took the call.  Didn't notice the cat had climbed into the nice warm place I had just created.  Got off the phone, slammed the door and was JUST ABOUT TO START IT when I noticed an inquisitive and slightly worried looking little furry face looking at me through the glass as if to say, WTF!!$% are you thinking about doing!?

...  now, am I a bad person if I admit to hesitating for a just a few short milliseconds as I considered my options and just how funny it might be if I.....  NOPE....  didn't go there.  That would have been REALLY bad  :-[ :-[ :-[

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ExpatCanadian on October 21, 2009, 02:03:36 AM

Quote from: standles on October 20, 2009, 11:50:34 PM
Let the cat out

You may joke about this...  but this happened to me last week!!  The dryer was running....  phone rang so I pulled the door open to stop it while I took the call.  Didn't notice the cat had climbed into the nice warm place I had just created.  Got off the phone, slammed the door and was JUST ABOUT TO START IT when I noticed an inquisitive and slightly worried looking little furry face looking at me through the glass as if to say, WTF!!$% are you thinking about doing!?

...  now, am I a bad person if I admit to hesitating for a just a few short milliseconds as I considered my options and just how funny it might be if I.....  NOPE....  didn't go there.  That would have been REALLY bad  :-[ :-[ :-[

I'd looked around to make sure no was looking and gave him a rodeo ride (8 seconds). OK, was just kidding.

ArnieM

First, I don't have a cell phone.  My primary use of the phone is to answer it and then to say "Hold on.  I'll get her."

Second, yes, cats can be a problem.  My wife was unloading the dryer and then stopped to answer the phone (for a change).  This is what we ended up with.

That's TC, our Bengal, that seems to get into everything.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.